GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced that their dual Thunderbolt series of motherboards support 4K resolution monitors in configurations derived from two Mini DisplayPort connectors, each capable of 2K resolution output. Testing was successfully carried out at GIGABYTE's regional facility in Tokyo, Japan with the EIZO FDH3601 high resolution color monitor that is designed for air traffic control and geophysical services.
"Desktop PC motherboards are all about cutting edge features, performance, and upgradeability, and this is why GIGABYTE was the first motherboard company to adopt dual Thunderbolt ports instead of the single port option," commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director of Motherboard Marketing at GIGABYTE. "When combined with other innovative products, such as EIZO's 4K resolution FDH3601 monitor, GIGABYTE Thunderbolt motherboard users can enjoy next generation display options with their existing platform, without having to wait for future 4K resolution standards."
GIGABYTE Motherboard's Dual Thunderbolt Ports
As the first motherboards to be certified by Intel featuring dual Thunderbolt ports, GIGABYTE's 'TH' models offer up to 10Gbps data transfer speeds from each port: this means you can transfer industry-leading HD graphics and data simultaneously! Each Thunderbolt port complies with the DisplayPort 1.1 standard (with support for 2K resolutions from each port), and therefore provide a combined resolution of up to 4K for the ultimate in display specification future-proofing.
4K Resolution Test Setup
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H TH with latest official BIOS (F5 BIOS)
- Monitor: EIZO FDH3601
- CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K with HD4000 graphics to dual Thunderbolt Mini DisplayPort connectors
- Operating System: Windows 8 (default drivers)
- 2x Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapters
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20