SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced a new family of mini-PCs based on the latest Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) technology from AMD, codenamed Trinity. The SAPPHIRE Edge VS series delivers fantastic performance and stunning graphics in a small format for a wide range of applications, whatever the environment.
At home, the compact, beautiful design can be sited anywhere, replacing older bulky PCs - yet it will breeze through almost any task. In fact scores of top applications have been optimized specifically for the technology in the SAPPHIRE Edge VS. In addition to easily handling home office applications, it delivers flawless, stutter-free HD video playback and streaming, and faster and better Internet browsing.
For the business user, its super-compact and sleek design releases valuable desk or floor space, yet it remains securely in place thanks to its Kensington Lock facility. Built with the latest AMD APU technology, it runs all standard Microsoft Office and other productivity applications efficiently. And because it accelerates browsing, file compression and decompression it delivers increased productivity. Yet at the same time it saves costs - the low power consumption of the SAPPHIRE Edge VS series means that it uses less than 10% of the power consumed by conventional PCs. It is delivered without Microsoft Windows - so you can save further cost by using existing license arrangements or choose an alternative operating system.
The SAPPHIRE VS series is a revolution even for gamers. Whether for online or playing on your own, the EDGE VS is a super-smooth, super-stylish solution. Its small format makes it extremely portable, ideal for LAN events or just for taking to share with friends - but its performance belies its size. The built-in AMD APU technology supports all the latest games titles, with more and more being optimized for this technology. The internal Radeon HD graphics engine delivers superb graphics rendering for game play or streaming.
Developers and System Integrators will enjoy the flexibility and features of the SAPPHIRE Edge VS series. With the latest Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) from AMD and hardware accelerated video on board, it offers superb performance in a small form factor, together with low power consumption and excellent external connectivity. Communications options include built-in Gigabit LAN, wireless and Bluetooth. The HDMI and DisplayPort video outputs can be connected to a wide range of display devices including TVs and projectors as well as high resolution monitors. Optical digital audio output is provided in addition to analogue I/O.
These features combine to make the SAPPHIRE Edge VS an ideal solution for a wide range of commercial applications such as retail displays and digital signage as well as bringing benefits to multiple PC installations such as corporate offices, call centres or in education. The standard models ship with 4GB RAM and Hard Disk pre-installed, but an option will be offered with no OS, RAM or disk fitted, allowing for custom configurations to be assembled, including the use of SSD drives and RAM upgrades up to 16GB.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio