SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced a new family of mini-PCs based on the latest Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) technology from AMD, codenamed Trinity. The SAPPHIRE Edge VS series delivers fantastic performance and stunning graphics in a small format for a wide range of applications, whatever the environment.
At home, the compact, beautiful design can be sited anywhere, replacing older bulky PCs - yet it will breeze through almost any task. In fact scores of top applications have been optimized specifically for the technology in the SAPPHIRE Edge VS. In addition to easily handling home office applications, it delivers flawless, stutter-free HD video playback and streaming, and faster and better Internet browsing.
For the business user, its super-compact and sleek design releases valuable desk or floor space, yet it remains securely in place thanks to its Kensington Lock facility. Built with the latest AMD APU technology, it runs all standard Microsoft Office and other productivity applications efficiently. And because it accelerates browsing, file compression and decompression it delivers increased productivity. Yet at the same time it saves costs - the low power consumption of the SAPPHIRE Edge VS series means that it uses less than 10% of the power consumed by conventional PCs. It is delivered without Microsoft Windows - so you can save further cost by using existing license arrangements or choose an alternative operating system.
The SAPPHIRE VS series is a revolution even for gamers. Whether for online or playing on your own, the EDGE VS is a super-smooth, super-stylish solution. Its small format makes it extremely portable, ideal for LAN events or just for taking to share with friends - but its performance belies its size. The built-in AMD APU technology supports all the latest games titles, with more and more being optimized for this technology. The internal Radeon HD graphics engine delivers superb graphics rendering for game play or streaming.
Developers and System Integrators will enjoy the flexibility and features of the SAPPHIRE Edge VS series. With the latest Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) from AMD and hardware accelerated video on board, it offers superb performance in a small form factor, together with low power consumption and excellent external connectivity. Communications options include built-in Gigabit LAN, wireless and Bluetooth. The HDMI and DisplayPort video outputs can be connected to a wide range of display devices including TVs and projectors as well as high resolution monitors. Optical digital audio output is provided in addition to analogue I/O.
These features combine to make the SAPPHIRE Edge VS an ideal solution for a wide range of commercial applications such as retail displays and digital signage as well as bringing benefits to multiple PC installations such as corporate offices, call centres or in education. The standard models ship with 4GB RAM and Hard Disk pre-installed, but an option will be offered with no OS, RAM or disk fitted, allowing for custom configurations to be assembled, including the use of SSD drives and RAM upgrades up to 16GB.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards