PROMISE Technology Inc., a leader in providing high-performance storage solutions for the rich media market and the leader in designing cutting-edge Thunderbolt enabled devices, today announced the availability of the PROMISE Pegasus J4, the first Thunderbolt enabled storage solution supporting four 2.5" hard disks and SSDs. Designed from the ground up for creative professionals and multimedia enthusiasts, the Pegasus J4 benefits from its incredible flexibility, amazing transfer speeds, and compact design which makes it stackable with a Mac mini. This makes the Pegasus J4 perfect for videographers, graphic artists, photographers and content creators for instantly backing up and editing content and moving high resolution video and graphic files that take up a lot of space at stunningly high speeds.
"There are more creative professionals and digital users storing, editing and protecting high resolution files than ever before, and they are looking for storage solutions that offer the ideal combination of flexibility, speed, versatility, and reliability," said James Lee, CEO, PROMISE Technology. "PROMISE is the first company worldwide to ship Thunderbolt enabled storage devices, and we are very proud to offer the most comprehensive and dynamic range of storage solutions featuring Thunderbolt technology, including the new Pegasus J4, which offer a powerful way to meet these demands. Our customers will love the Pegasus J4's smart design, the flexibility to customize the solution with SSDs or hard disks, and its impressive performance that will power them through the creative process."
THE PERFECT COMPANION
The Pegasus J4 is the perfect stackable companion for a Mac mini to create a cost effective server-storage solution. Small businesses can meet office demands for external storage and super-fast and secure backups. In addition, users can easily add several Pegasus devices for additional capacity.
The Pegasus J4 is perfect for audio/video production as it provides creative professionals with the versatility to work remotely with a laptop to backup footage & start editing on-site without having to go back to the office. Additionally, since the Pegasus J4's dual thunderbolt ports support daisy chaining, users can conveniently connect Thunderbolt enabled displays or Pegasus storage devices to boost overall transfer speeds.
PROMISE Technology continues its commitment to reshaping content creation workflow with the new Pegasus J4, the latest addition to PROMISE's industry leading line of Thunderbolt storage solutions, which include the ultra-portable Pegasus J2, the lightning fast Pegasus R4/R6, and the SANLink Thunderbolt to Fibre Channel adapter. The revolutionary Pegasus series of Thunderbolt storage solutions from PROMISE have been recognized worldwide with several awards, including "Editor's Choice" award by Digital Reviews Network, "Pick Hit Award" at IBC, the prestigious "Taiwan Excellence Award," and also being named "Best External Storage Partner of Apple" and receiving the "Storage Gold Medal" at Macworld Asia. The industry's most comprehensive line of Thunderbolt enabled storage solutions deliver unbelievable mobility, versatility and performance, ensuring there is a PROMISE device for every step of the creative process, no matter the price range or application.
The PROMISE Pegasus J4 comes in a 2TB model with 4x 500GB 2.5" HDDs pre-installed. Additionally, a diskless Pegasus J4 enclosure is available for purchase, enabling users to install the compatible drives of their choice to meet the requirements of their application.
The Pegasus J4 JBOD units will be available for order starting November 20th through the PROMISE global network of distributors and value added resellers.
Latest News Posts
- AMD financials continue to decline, even with the launch of Fury X
- Sony rumored to unveil its new Xperia Z5 smartphone in September
- LG uses Advanced In-Cell Touch technology for next-gen laptop screens
- GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards teased, with a super-hot new look
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC