PROMISE Technology Inc., a leader in providing high-performance storage solutions for the rich media market and the leader in designing cutting-edge Thunderbolt enabled devices, today announced the availability of the PROMISE Pegasus J4, the first Thunderbolt enabled storage solution supporting four 2.5" hard disks and SSDs. Designed from the ground up for creative professionals and multimedia enthusiasts, the Pegasus J4 benefits from its incredible flexibility, amazing transfer speeds, and compact design which makes it stackable with a Mac mini. This makes the Pegasus J4 perfect for videographers, graphic artists, photographers and content creators for instantly backing up and editing content and moving high resolution video and graphic files that take up a lot of space at stunningly high speeds.
"There are more creative professionals and digital users storing, editing and protecting high resolution files than ever before, and they are looking for storage solutions that offer the ideal combination of flexibility, speed, versatility, and reliability," said James Lee, CEO, PROMISE Technology. "PROMISE is the first company worldwide to ship Thunderbolt enabled storage devices, and we are very proud to offer the most comprehensive and dynamic range of storage solutions featuring Thunderbolt technology, including the new Pegasus J4, which offer a powerful way to meet these demands. Our customers will love the Pegasus J4's smart design, the flexibility to customize the solution with SSDs or hard disks, and its impressive performance that will power them through the creative process."
THE PERFECT COMPANION
The Pegasus J4 is the perfect stackable companion for a Mac mini to create a cost effective server-storage solution. Small businesses can meet office demands for external storage and super-fast and secure backups. In addition, users can easily add several Pegasus devices for additional capacity.
The Pegasus J4 is perfect for audio/video production as it provides creative professionals with the versatility to work remotely with a laptop to backup footage & start editing on-site without having to go back to the office. Additionally, since the Pegasus J4's dual thunderbolt ports support daisy chaining, users can conveniently connect Thunderbolt enabled displays or Pegasus storage devices to boost overall transfer speeds.
PROMISE Technology continues its commitment to reshaping content creation workflow with the new Pegasus J4, the latest addition to PROMISE's industry leading line of Thunderbolt storage solutions, which include the ultra-portable Pegasus J2, the lightning fast Pegasus R4/R6, and the SANLink Thunderbolt to Fibre Channel adapter. The revolutionary Pegasus series of Thunderbolt storage solutions from PROMISE have been recognized worldwide with several awards, including "Editor's Choice" award by Digital Reviews Network, "Pick Hit Award" at IBC, the prestigious "Taiwan Excellence Award," and also being named "Best External Storage Partner of Apple" and receiving the "Storage Gold Medal" at Macworld Asia. The industry's most comprehensive line of Thunderbolt enabled storage solutions deliver unbelievable mobility, versatility and performance, ensuring there is a PROMISE device for every step of the creative process, no matter the price range or application.
The PROMISE Pegasus J4 comes in a 2TB model with 4x 500GB 2.5" HDDs pre-installed. Additionally, a diskless Pegasus J4 enclosure is available for purchase, enabling users to install the compatible drives of their choice to meet the requirements of their application.
The Pegasus J4 JBOD units will be available for order starting November 20th through the PROMISE global network of distributors and value added resellers.
Latest News Posts
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- HTC Vive preferred by more VR developers than the Rift
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller