Other World Computing (OWC) http://www.macsales.com, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today its award-winning OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro bus-powered portable storage solution has expanded its storage and back up capacity by 50% to a massive 1.5 TB. That's enough space to hold up to 1.5 million JPEG photos, 750 DVD movies, 115 hours of digital video, or 526,000 MP3 songs in your back pocket.
The new Mercury On-The-Go Pro 1.5 TB model is available in two interface configurations:
With its USB 3.0 'SuperSpeed' interface, a Mercury On-The-Go Pro equipped with an OWC Mercury Electra 6G Solid State Drive up to 480 GB capacity can deliver real-world, benchmark-proven data transfer speeds up to 285 MB/s.
For more information on the complete Mercury On-The-Go Pro line, visit:
Pocket-Sized and Bus Powered - Ideal for the Mobile Office
Designed for the active "On-The-Go" computer user who needs the highest capacity and fastest portable storage solution available on the market, the Mercury On-The-Go Pro measures a compact 3.5" x 5.5" x 1" in size. Stylishly engineered in a sleek, shock-resistant acrylic enclosure, the Mercury On-The-Go Pro is bus-powered, so it doesn't require an AC adapter, which makes it ideal for presentations, multimedia, law enforcement, surveyors, and other "mobile office" uses. Additionally, notebook users with internal 5400 RPM drives will find that using the Mercury On-The-Go Pro 7200 RPM and SSD models as a start-up disk offers faster system boot-up and overall system performance.
Works with Macs, PCs, and Digital Devices
Featuring a variety of the latest and backward compatible FireWire and USB interfaces, the Plug-and-Play ready Mercury On-The-Go Pro can be used with current and legacy Macs and PCs for additional storage capacity, transporting large files between multiple computers and real-time A/V editing. The drive can also be used with storage capable digital cameras and camcorders with FireWire and/or USB data ports for quick, convenient backups of images and video while on the road.
Backed by the Best Support in the Industry
The best product warranty is one a consumer should never have to use, but should the need occur, OWC's stellar reputation for support offers peace of mind ownership. All OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro storage solutions come fully backed by free lifetime US-based 24/7 technical support and a three-year warranty which includes a 48-hour repair turnaround time with up to one year of complimentary Level 1 data recovery service.
"The Mercury On-The-Go Pro has been the undisputed leader in portable drive performance since the first model was introduced 11 years ago," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "Expanding its capacity by 50% underscores our commitment to providing a best-in class portable solution."
Key Mercury On-The-Go Pro Features:
- Mac and PC compatible
- Compact size: 3.5"(W) x 5.5"(D) x 1"(H)
- Lightweight: 2.5 lbs
- Bus-powered or may be powered with AC adapter
- Uses 2.5" Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive or SSD
- Up to 16 MB hard drive data cache
- Real-world data transfer speeds up to 285 MB/s
- Super quiet, fanless operation (completely silent with SSD)
- Clear, shock-resistant polycarbonate acrylic case design
- Includes carrying case, all interface connection cables, and a $100 retail value disk utility software bundle
Latest News Posts
- EA announces Battlefield Hardline Premium for $50
- Qualcomm teases Snapdragon 820 processor for late 2015, early 2016
- LG details its Watch Urbane smartwatch in its latest video
- Hands-on with HTC's latest One M9 smartphone at MWC 2015
- BlackBerry expanding software products for Apple iOS, Google Android
- Asus x75a motherboard replacement
- Intel's new Cherry Trail x5, x7 and x3 Atom SoC Lineup Preview
- PC-O7S availability (USA)?
- Asrock z97 extreme6 & vga
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Moshi iLynx 3.0: 4-port USB 3.0 Hits Australia and New Zealand
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees