Noctua today introduced its new NF-A14 FLX, NF-A14 ULN and NF-A15 PWM 140mm fans that complement the recently announced A-series of premium quality quiet fans. Like the previously presented NF-A4x10, NF-A6x25 and NF-A9x14, the new 140mm models feature Noctua's novel AAO frames as well as the series' signature Flow Acceleration Channels for reduced boundary layer separation and improved aerodynamic efficiency. Reference class SSO2 bearing and 6 years manufacturer's warranty make the NF-A15 and NF-A14 a stand-out choice for all noise-sensitive 140 mm applications.
"Introduced in 2009, our NF-P14 has become a default-choice among PC enthusiasts looking for a premium quality, quiet 140mm fan, so we're excited to further improve its much acclaimed airflow to noise ratio with the new NF-A14 and NF-A15", says Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "The A14 and A15 models all sport the key features of our new A-series fans and now come in both round and square frame design."
Whereas the NF-A15's round frame features 120mm mounting holes (105 mm spacing) and has been enlarged to a width of 150mm in order to provide superior performance on today's high-end CPU coolers, the NF-A14 models' square shape and 140mm mounting holes (124.5mm spacing) make them ideal for use on watercooling radiators or as an upgrade for 140mm case fans.
Tailor-made for use on CPU coolers, the NF-A15 PWM comes with Noctua's custom designed NE-FD1 PWM IC for fully automatic speed control. The NF-A14 comes in FLX and ULN versions with 1200/1050/900 and 800/650 speed settings for full flexibility in quiet to ultra-quiet case and radiator cooling.
Like all new A-series fans, the NF-A15 and NF-A14 use a novel aerodynamic design measure called Flow Acceleration Channels that allows them to significantly improve the airflow to noise performance of conventional, uniform blade shapes. By speeding up the airflow at the crucial outer blade regions, Flow Acceleration Channels reduce suction side flow separation and thus lead to better efficiency and lower vortex noise.
All three fans employ the further optimised second generation of Noctua's renowned, time-tested SSO bearing as well as Noctua's AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) frames that feature integrated anti-vibration pads as well as Noctua's proprietary Stepped Inlet Design and Inner Surface Microstructures, both of which further refine the fans' performance/noise efficiency. Like all Noctua fans, the NF-A15 and NF-A14 have an MTBF rating of more than 150,000 hours and come with a full 6 years manufacturer's warranty.
Pricing and availability
The new fans will be available immediately at recommended retail prices of EUR 21.90 / USD 24.90.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- AMD breaking world records with Ryzen 7 1800X already
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood