Noctua today introduced its new NF-A14 FLX, NF-A14 ULN and NF-A15 PWM 140mm fans that complement the recently announced A-series of premium quality quiet fans. Like the previously presented NF-A4x10, NF-A6x25 and NF-A9x14, the new 140mm models feature Noctua's novel AAO frames as well as the series' signature Flow Acceleration Channels for reduced boundary layer separation and improved aerodynamic efficiency. Reference class SSO2 bearing and 6 years manufacturer's warranty make the NF-A15 and NF-A14 a stand-out choice for all noise-sensitive 140 mm applications.
"Introduced in 2009, our NF-P14 has become a default-choice among PC enthusiasts looking for a premium quality, quiet 140mm fan, so we're excited to further improve its much acclaimed airflow to noise ratio with the new NF-A14 and NF-A15", says Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "The A14 and A15 models all sport the key features of our new A-series fans and now come in both round and square frame design."
Whereas the NF-A15's round frame features 120mm mounting holes (105 mm spacing) and has been enlarged to a width of 150mm in order to provide superior performance on today's high-end CPU coolers, the NF-A14 models' square shape and 140mm mounting holes (124.5mm spacing) make them ideal for use on watercooling radiators or as an upgrade for 140mm case fans.
Tailor-made for use on CPU coolers, the NF-A15 PWM comes with Noctua's custom designed NE-FD1 PWM IC for fully automatic speed control. The NF-A14 comes in FLX and ULN versions with 1200/1050/900 and 800/650 speed settings for full flexibility in quiet to ultra-quiet case and radiator cooling.
Like all new A-series fans, the NF-A15 and NF-A14 use a novel aerodynamic design measure called Flow Acceleration Channels that allows them to significantly improve the airflow to noise performance of conventional, uniform blade shapes. By speeding up the airflow at the crucial outer blade regions, Flow Acceleration Channels reduce suction side flow separation and thus lead to better efficiency and lower vortex noise.
All three fans employ the further optimised second generation of Noctua's renowned, time-tested SSO bearing as well as Noctua's AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) frames that feature integrated anti-vibration pads as well as Noctua's proprietary Stepped Inlet Design and Inner Surface Microstructures, both of which further refine the fans' performance/noise efficiency. Like all Noctua fans, the NF-A15 and NF-A14 have an MTBF rating of more than 150,000 hours and come with a full 6 years manufacturer's warranty.
Pricing and availability
The new fans will be available immediately at recommended retail prices of EUR 21.90 / USD 24.90.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017