Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the next generation of its most cost-effective SSDNow V Series solid-state drive. The Kingston SSDNow V300 is a powerful upgrade solution for cost-conscious consumers looking to upgrade their existing desktop or notebook PC.
The new SSDNow V300 is 10x faster than a 7200 RPM hard-disk drive. It is powered by an LSI SandForce Flash Storage Processor (FSP) solution customized for Kingston, and optimized for industry-leading 19 nm NAND Flash memory to deliver sequential read and write speeds of up to 450 MB/s. Using best-in-class components, SSDNow V300 combines quality, performance and affordability for first-time SSD users or anyone looking to upgrade an existing system.
"LSI worked together with Kingston to deliver a customized high-performing solid-state drive solution for their cost-effective SSDNow V Series," said Kent Smith, senior director of product marketing, Flash Components Division, LSI. "Our award-winning SF-2281 Client FSPs provide Kingston's customers with enterprise-class features and an enhanced everyday computing user experience, especially for first time SSD users."
"Kingston is committed to delivering SSDs at the best price to performance ratio as possible. We achieve this again with our next-generation SSDNow V300," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "The SSDNow V300 is the best cost-efficient upgrade for users who want their existing systems to perform faster. They will experience faster boot up and shutdown times, and will also see much better system performance when multiple applications are open."
The SSDNow V300 is available as a stand-alone drive or as an upgrade kit containing cloning software and other accessories for a desktop and/or notebook system. SSDNow V300 is backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SSDNow V300 Features and Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s) - with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities: 60 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB
- SATA Rev. 3.0 - up to 450 MB/s
- SATA Rev. 3.0 - up to 450 MB/s
Maximum Random 4k Read/Write
- 60 GB - up to 85,000/up to 60,000 IOPS
- 120 GB - up to 85,000/up to 55,000 IOPS
- 240 GB - up to 85,000/up to 43,000 IOPS
PCMark Vantage HDD Suite Score
- 60 GB - 39,000
- 120 GB - 49,000
- 240 GB - 57,000
- 0.640W (MAX) Idle / 1.423W (MAX) Read / 2.052W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperatures: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperatures: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.8 mm x 100.1 mm x 7 mm
- Weight: 86g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: three-year warranty with free technical support
Total Bytes Written (TBW)
- 60 GB - 32 TB
- 120 GB - 64 TB
- 240 GB - 128 TB
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives