Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the next generation of its most cost-effective SSDNow V Series solid-state drive. The Kingston SSDNow V300 is a powerful upgrade solution for cost-conscious consumers looking to upgrade their existing desktop or notebook PC.
The new SSDNow V300 is 10x faster than a 7200 RPM hard-disk drive. It is powered by an LSI SandForce Flash Storage Processor (FSP) solution customized for Kingston, and optimized for industry-leading 19 nm NAND Flash memory to deliver sequential read and write speeds of up to 450 MB/s. Using best-in-class components, SSDNow V300 combines quality, performance and affordability for first-time SSD users or anyone looking to upgrade an existing system.
"LSI worked together with Kingston to deliver a customized high-performing solid-state drive solution for their cost-effective SSDNow V Series," said Kent Smith, senior director of product marketing, Flash Components Division, LSI. "Our award-winning SF-2281 Client FSPs provide Kingston's customers with enterprise-class features and an enhanced everyday computing user experience, especially for first time SSD users."
"Kingston is committed to delivering SSDs at the best price to performance ratio as possible. We achieve this again with our next-generation SSDNow V300," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "The SSDNow V300 is the best cost-efficient upgrade for users who want their existing systems to perform faster. They will experience faster boot up and shutdown times, and will also see much better system performance when multiple applications are open."
The SSDNow V300 is available as a stand-alone drive or as an upgrade kit containing cloning software and other accessories for a desktop and/or notebook system. SSDNow V300 is backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SSDNow V300 Features and Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s) - with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities: 60 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB
- SATA Rev. 3.0 - up to 450 MB/s
- SATA Rev. 3.0 - up to 450 MB/s
Maximum Random 4k Read/Write
- 60 GB - up to 85,000/up to 60,000 IOPS
- 120 GB - up to 85,000/up to 55,000 IOPS
- 240 GB - up to 85,000/up to 43,000 IOPS
PCMark Vantage HDD Suite Score
- 60 GB - 39,000
- 120 GB - 49,000
- 240 GB - 57,000
- 0.640W (MAX) Idle / 1.423W (MAX) Read / 2.052W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperatures: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperatures: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.8 mm x 100.1 mm x 7 mm
- Weight: 86g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: three-year warranty with free technical support
Total Bytes Written (TBW)
- 60 GB - 32 TB
- 120 GB - 64 TB
- 240 GB - 128 TB
Latest News Posts
- Counter Strike gets airtime on The Joe Rogan Experience
- A gamer shows us how to restart an iPhone with a text message
- Microsoft opens up cross-platform Office support for Android apps
- SpaceX will be able to launch US national security payloads into orbit
- Phanteks adds Titanium Green to its Enthoo Pro line of cases
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015