ACCELERATING INNOVATION SUMMIT, SAN JOSE, Calif., November 13, 2012 - LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced its fifth annual Accelerating Innovation Summit (AIS) is under way. More people and businesses using more devices, and doing and sharing more things online, has created a massive data deluge that poses unprecedented challenges for datacenters, mobile networks and devices.
The two-day summit brings together industry visionaries, technical experts and business leaders to address the dramatic changes this data deluge is creating. The summit's technology tracks provide datacenter and mobile network engineers and architects with new ideas on how to capitalize on the enormous opportunities massive data presents to IT infrastructure providers and their end users.
"Much of the focus of the IT industry is shifting from computing power to a more data-centric view, which is fostering an important new era of datacenters, mobile networks and devices," said Abhi Talwalkar, president and CEO of LSI. "Collaboration throughout the IT ecosystem is more critical than ever as the data deluge poses unprecedented challenges. LSI's unique perspective across datacenters and networks makes us a great facilitator to bring together the technical experts who will spark this next incredible era of innovation and transform the many challenges to opportunities."
AIS 2012 keynote speakers include Simone Brunozzi, Amazon Web Services Technology Evangelist, who will address the need to build smarter clouds, and John Engates, Rackspace Chief Technology Officer, who will discuss how the industry should rethink future storage strategies. LSI President and Chief Executive Officer Abhi Talwalkar and LSI Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Greg Huff will share LSI's perspective on the future of datacenters and the more immediate role flash-based products are playing to eliminate storage bottlenecks and meet application acceleration goals.
AIS 2012 attracts a diverse cross-section of leading technology companies that include Platinum Sponsors ADATA Technology, AMD, Microsoft, Synopsys and TSMC. Gold Sponsors include Everspin, PNY and Wind River.
The summit also offers more than 20 live demonstrations of the latest storage and networking technologies from LSI and select partners. The demonstrations will showcase intelligent cloud and advanced storage and application acceleration solutions, including PCIe flash adapters used to accelerate Hadoop performance for faster big data analytics, enabling software-defined datacenter networks with OpenFlow, high-availability direct-attached storage solutions, and much more.
AIS Technology Areas of Focus
Attendees and panelists will focus on several themes at the summit:
Flash: Unleashing Application Acceleration
- Next-Generation Flash: Challenges and Solutions
- Ultrabooks: Trends and SSD Impacts
- Using Solid-State Storage to Improve Storage Virtualization Performance
- Big Fast Data: Hadoop Acceleration with Flash
- Options for Utilizing Flash to Accelerate Enterprise Applications
Rethinking Storage: New Approaches for Datacenter Success:
- Shared Storage Innovation for the SMB
- Unlock Romley Performance
- Solutions for Building a Better Cloud
- PCIe-based Storage: What Is Its Place in the Storage Ecosystem?
Smarter Clouds: Adding Intelligence to Accelerate Your Network
- The Internet of Things
- Software-Defined Networks in the Real World
- Next-Generation Multicore ARM Architectures for Intelligent Networks
- Accelerating Platform Evolution
"The challenges of latency, security, spectrum crunch and bottlenecks in datacenters and mobile networks are mounting," continued Talwalkar. "However, companies that are adopting intelligent silicon, flash storage and other innovations can gain a critical competitive advantage. That's what we're focusing on this week, and why we've attracted record attendance at AIS 2012."
Media are invited to join the sessions, and executives and partner attendees are available for interviews.
Latest News Posts
- Intel will talk about its 10nm production later this year
- Codemasters delays F1 2015, new release date of July 10
- Big developers have joined AMD and PC Gamer's PC Gaming Show at E3
- Palmer Luckey being sued by his previous employee over the Oculus Rift
- Johan Andersson, Frostbite engineer, teases AMD Radeon R9 390X
- Asus F550JK freeze
- TITAN X Artifacts issue
- Just wanted to say Hello.
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 ROG Matrix Platinum Video Card Review
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling