ACCELERATING INNOVATION SUMMIT, SAN JOSE, Calif., November 14, 2012 - LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today introduced Syncro, a new and innovative storage architecture designed to deliver unprecedented storage sharing and scaling capabilities for multi-server solutions. The Syncro architecture takes direct-attached storage (DAS) out of the box and builds advanced storage-sharing capabilities on top of industry-proven MegaRAID technology, enabling business benefits including reduced cost, power and failure rates, while improving storage utilization and application uptime.
Today's datacenter architects and managers face enormous challenges managing massive data growth, increased cost and power consumption, while grappling with issues including reliability, downtime and data loss. By bridging the gap between DAS single-server storage and traditional external storage with a new storage architecture that brings sharing and scaling capabilities to multi-server environments, the Syncro architecture intelligently solves these challenges.
The Syncro architecture offers benefits for a range of next-generation datacenter environments including SME, enterprise, mega-datacenter and cloud. The Syncro architecture will extend to Syncro CS and Syncro MX product families.
- Delivers enterprise capabilities and redundant, shared-node storage to DAS environments, offering solutions that are simple, easy to manage and cost-effective.
- Provide SMEs and remote, departmental and branch offices with increased application availability and uptime without the complexity and costs of traditional high-availability storage solutions.
- Targets large cloud and mega-datacenters with server solutions focused on reducing costs and increasing reliability.
- Simplifies datacenter management by reducing complexity and storage rebuilds
"The Syncro architecture is the result of customer requests to increase data protection across multiple server and storage systems by enabling levels of enterprise-class availability and flexibility never before offered for DAS," said Bill Wuertz, senior vice president and general manager, RAID Storage Division, LSI. "The new Syncro architecture and product family demonstrate LSI's long, proven commitment to delivering the most innovative and productive solutions for next-generation server and storage systems."
"As information consumption continues its exponential growth, businesses of all sizes need scalable storage solutions that can deliver increased efficiency and uptime while meeting goals for lower cost and power consumption," said Dave Reinsel, group vice president at IDC. "Intelligent storage solutions that can address these critical areas, like the LSI Syncro architecture, are invaluable for businesses and IT departments as they design and rearchitect their datacenters to deal with massive data growth."
The Syncro architecture will serve as the foundation for a series of new products to be introduced over several years designed to solve challenges in many applications and verticals. The first member of the Syncro product family, the Syncro MX-B Boot Appliance, is currently available to manufacturers. Other products in the Syncro product family are expected to ship during the first half of 2013.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives