JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, the global leader in the development of standards for the microelectronics industry, and the Open NAND Flash Interface Workgroup (ONFI) today announced the publication of JESD230 NAND Flash Interface Interoperability Standard (Package). This jointly developed document defines a standard for NAND flash device interface interoperability. JESD230 is available for free download from both http://www.jedec.org and onfi.org.
JESD230 addresses signaling descriptions, packages, definitions, abbreviations and conventions, and is backwards compatible with existing technologies to the greatest degree possible. The standard will help enable the design of interoperable systems that can support Asynchronous SDR, Synchronous DDR and Toggle DDR NAND flash devices.
"By joining forces to develop and publish JESD230, ONFI and JEDEC have responded to the industry's need for interoperability among NAND vendors, which will enable even broader use of NAND flash in a wide variety of applications," said Amber Huffman, senior principal engineer, Intel Storage Technologies Group and chairperson for the ONFI Workgroup Board of Directors.
Added Cecil Ho, Chairman of JEDEC's JC-42.4 Subcommittee, "JEDEC is delighted to have collaborated with ONFI to develop and publish the first joint NAND Flash Interoperability Standard focused on packages, which we believe will be welcome news to NAND flash vendors and end users."
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now