In the highly competitive world of extreme performance, MSI has once again grabbed the reigns with its Z77 MPOWER and R7970 Lightning Graphics card. Inspired by the availability of the MSI Z77 MPOWER several professional overclockers have started challenging the top scores in 3DMark 11. With the synergy of the MSI Z77 MPOWER mainboards and MSI Lightning series graphics cards, some incredible new scores have been set including the first single graphics card system to break 18000 marks in the 3DMark 11 Performance benchmark by Ukraine's T0lsty.
Z77 MPOWER baseline for performance
Contrary to popular belief, MSI mainboards that are most represented with professional overclockers in these benchmarks where the highest efficiency is demanded from the platform. This is the result of feedback over the past year of professional overclockers and which now translates itself in a situation where the Z77 MPOWER is the go-to mainboard for overclockers. The latest world record by T0lsty is the highest CPU speed for any 3rd generation Intel Core CPU in 3DMark 11 @ 6213 MHz (validation).
Lightning: Unprecedented leadership
MSI's Lightning series graphics cards are built from with the purpose of amazing performance, with great components and overclockers' desired features. This is best demonstrated by the fact that almost every single overclocker prefers an MSI Lightning graphics card for their record breaking attempt. As a fact: 90% of the 20 highest scores in the single card 3DMark 11 Performance rankings are set with an MSI Lightning graphics card. T0lsty's R7970 Lightning was able to reach a core speed of 1760 MHz and 8 GHz memory!
The complete top-20 can be viewed here.
Champion: MSI Z77 MPOWER
The Z77 MPOWER shocked the overclocking world as a mainboard that offers 24/7 stability for gamers and offers a down-to-earth approach to overclocking 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core processors. Currently the MSI Z77 MPOWER powers three out of the five highest scores in 3DMark 11 Performance. Powered by Military Class III components the MSI Z77 MPOWER proves its stability not only during the "OC Certified" testing but also under the extreme circumstances of extreme overclocking.
Champion: MSI R7970 Lightning
MSI's R7970 Lightning continues the Lightning legacy and is this year's most favorite graphics card for overclockers. With 17 out of the top-20 scores in 3DMark 11 Performance set with the R7970 Lightning, it is clear what is the card to get if you want to set amazing scores yourself.
Built with Military Class III components the MSI Lightning graphics cards deliver the best performance and stability, no matter if you're a gamer or extreme overclocker.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia releases its Android-powered Nokia N1 tablet in Taiwan
- Target 'American Sniper' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- AMD Radeon R9 390X spotted without HBM, in an 8GB GDDR5 version
- Rockstar Games sues BBC over telemovie about being sued
- Silk Road's Ross Ulbricht asks judge for leniency, some freedom
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications