At the end of September 2012, Twonky released a new upgraded version of their Server module. TwonkyMedia V7 is now available for all who wishes to display their multimedia content on their mobile device or through their DMA device. Paired with the latest Twonky 7 modules, the users will now have access to a whole new multimedia experience.
A home NAS is often used to serve multi-media content, including photos, music, and video to other devices or over the internet. Using standard protocols such as DLNA, users can access their media stored on the home server from any room in the house. Twonky is a family of software and applications for your PC, Mac or mobile phone that finds all the digital media in your household and shares them with PCs, TVs, stereos and other devices connected to your network. With Twonky Server, you can make all of your stored digital files on your NAS free of use with your DLNA compliant home devices.
Version 7 of the TwonkyMedia Server was a major release, meaning that a lot has changed. It goes from a new look for the UI layout, to new features (folder aggregation support) and passing by minor bug fixes (Windows 8 support). Overall this means a more complete, easier to use and flexible media file manager. Twonky really connects all of your DNLA appliances and gives them access to all of your media content.
Users who wish to try out the latest TwonkyMedia Server can go to the Thecus Download Centre and download the module. Owners of a V6 license will also have access to V7. Enjoy the ultimate home entertainment experience with Thecus and TwonkyMedia.
You can learn more about Twonky by visiting their official website: http://www.twonky.com/
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20