Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced the next generation of its business-rugged notebook PC line, the Toughbook SX2.
With advanced features such as 14.5 hours of battery life, an Intel Core i5-3320M vPro processor (3 MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology and a lightweight, drop-resistant magnesium alloy design, the Toughbook SX2 is engineered to meet the standards of quality for which Toughbook mobile computers are known while providing maximum portability for highly valued executives and professionals.
Panasonic Toughbook SX2: Key Features
- Leading battery life: Delivers 14.5 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (per MobileMark 2007 testing)
- Turbo-enhanced processor: Intel Core i5-3320M (3 MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- 3.1 lb. magnesium alloy design, capable of withstanding a 30-inch drop to base while on/off and a 12-inch drop on all other faces when off
- HD+ 12.1-inch, 16:9 LED backlit display
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone
- USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
- Optical drive
- Approximately 33% slimmer than the previous Panasonic business-rugged model
For a full list of Toughbook SX2 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com.
"Technology enables many professionals today to work from virtually anywhere, but this freedom creates a new set of issues when users are not equipped with the right tools for the job - device failures mean frustration, lost productivity and revenue, plus substantial repair and replacement costs," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions for Business. "Like the other computers in our renowned Toughbook line, the Toughbook SX2 is engineered to provide the reliability high value professionals require with the portability they desire."
Business-Rugged Durability and Quality
The Toughbook SX2 is designed to withstand a highly mobile work environment. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to handle up to a 30-inch drop to the base of the unit while operating, as well as a 12-inch drop from all other angles. Both the lid and base of the notebook are designed to withstand more than 220 lbs (100 kgf) of pressure, and the Toughbook SX2 also features LCD mounting protection.
Connectivity for a Life on the Road
The Toughbook SX2 allows workers to stay connected virtually all of the time with embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Pricing and Availability
The Panasonic Toughbook SX2 is available later this month from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $2649. The Toughbook SX2 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015