Synology Inc. today launched the new DX213, Synology's first 2-bay DiskStation expansion solution that satisfies the growth of storage demand from business and power users. "Managing and handling the increasing amount of data should not take time away from running a business. Therefore, Synology designed the DX213 to help users quickly and effortlessly expand DiskStation storage by an additional two bays when it reaches its maximum capacity," said Chad Jiang, product manager at Synology Inc.
On selected DiskStation models, RAID volumes can be expanded directly across DX213 without the hassle of reformatting existing hard drives, bringing the additional benefit of continuous service uptime throughout this process. Users also have the freedom to create DX213 as an independent volume for the paired DiskStation. As such, DX213 can function as an effortless local backup solution.
The DX213 is paired with a DiskStation using Synology's reliable Plug-n-use design, a proprietary eSATA configuration which securely locks both ends of the cable connection. This ensures reliable connectivity at a maximum bandwidth of 3.0 Gb/sec, allowing DX213 to operate coherently with its paired DiskStation as a single unit.
Synology DX213 features the energy-saving Deep Sleep mode which automatically enables once the system has been inactive for certain period. When paired with selected DiskStation models, DX213 can also intuitively power on/off with its host.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage