Synology Inc. today launched the new DX213, Synology's first 2-bay DiskStation expansion solution that satisfies the growth of storage demand from business and power users. "Managing and handling the increasing amount of data should not take time away from running a business. Therefore, Synology designed the DX213 to help users quickly and effortlessly expand DiskStation storage by an additional two bays when it reaches its maximum capacity," said Chad Jiang, product manager at Synology Inc.
On selected DiskStation models, RAID volumes can be expanded directly across DX213 without the hassle of reformatting existing hard drives, bringing the additional benefit of continuous service uptime throughout this process. Users also have the freedom to create DX213 as an independent volume for the paired DiskStation. As such, DX213 can function as an effortless local backup solution.
The DX213 is paired with a DiskStation using Synology's reliable Plug-n-use design, a proprietary eSATA configuration which securely locks both ends of the cable connection. This ensures reliable connectivity at a maximum bandwidth of 3.0 Gb/sec, allowing DX213 to operate coherently with its paired DiskStation as a single unit.
Synology DX213 features the energy-saving Deep Sleep mode which automatically enables once the system has been inactive for certain period. When paired with selected DiskStation models, DX213 can also intuitively power on/off with its host.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand