Eye-Fi Inc., makers of the world's first wireless memory card, has announced today a new Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB, Class 10 card that increases both storage and speed capabilities while continuing to deliver convenient, reliable wireless upload of photos and videos from cameras. The new 16GB card provides twice the storage capacity of the prior Pro X2 card, while the Class 10 performance delivers ultra-fast read and write speeds. That means more power and speed for the same retail price of $99.99. And, the new Pro X2, like Eye-Fi's other X2 series cards, enables you to wirelessly connect a camera to a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, or use an authorized WiFi network to move content directly to a computer.
"Cameras have more megapixels, and pictures and videos are more demanding in terms of size. Moving to a 16GB, Class 10 card keeps up with these trends and delivers what our customers have been asking for," said Yuval Koren, CEO and co-founder of Eye-Fi. "Customers already know and love our Eye-Fi cards for instant wireless uploads, so the added space and faster speeds are a great addition, especially with the highest-volume photo days coming up."
Anyone with the new 16GB, Class 10 card can immediately use Eye-Fi's popular features to:
- Upload anywhere: People can instantly upload images to their home computer, smartphone or tablet, either connecting wirelessly to the device with Direct Mode or over an authorized WiFi network
- Shoot forever with endless memory mode: Cards can be set to automatically free-up space after photos & videos are transferred, so photographers never have to worry about running out of space
- Transfer RAW files: As with the prior Pro X2, the highest resolution photos can transfer wirelessly
- Back-up automatically: Pictures are safely stored on a home computer or Eye-Fi's cloud, Eye-Fi View - a great relief if the camera is lost or stolen
- Share in real-time: Card can be set to automatically share with selected social networks or photo sharing sites (Facebook, Flickr, etc.)
- Geotag pictures immediately: Eye-Fi's auto WPS Geotagging feature tags photos, allowing users to instantly see where memories were made
Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB card is available for pre-orders that ship within the United States for $99.99 USD from Amazon.com. The card will also be available, within the coming weeks, for customers in Australia for $108.00 AUD and Japan for ¥9980. With the launch of the new Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB card, the previous Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB and the Eye-Fi Mobile X2 8GB will be reduced from $99.99 to $79.99 and $79.99 to $59.99, respectively, starting this month.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- H110M-HDV bricked after internet flash
- Bad PSU, now bad motherboard?
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard