QNAP to Unveil Next-Gen Intel-based iSCSI NAS Series in 2009 CES
QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced a series of next generation iSCSI network-attached storage (NAS) products based on Intel architecture to deliver the performance and enterprise-grade features that customers are looking for in 2009.
The new Turbo NAS family consists of 4-bay, 5-bay, 6-bay, and 8-bay (with redundant power supply) models which are well suited for small and midsize businesses (SMB) and enterprises. The powerful all-in-one feature is designed for businesses that require storage solutions of performance, features, capacity, and manageability.
"Facing the intensive growth of digital data for business transactions nowadays, SMB and enterprises need powerful, reliable, and scalable storage solutions. We believe Intel's processors and QNAP's industry-leading technology will bring the performance and features that business users expect in NAS," said Shawn Shu, Vice President from QNAP. "The new Turbo NAS series are able to deliver much higher performance than other general SOHO NAS brands. The NetBench testing results showed that the new NAS models are 3-10 times faster in terms of total throughput for multiple concurrent data access. This is our important technology breakthrough in developing top-class business NAS."
"Combining NAS and iSCSI target services in the same system offers customers the flexibility to meet their increasing data management challenges" said Seth Bobroff, general manager, Intel Server Platforms Group - Storage "Using Intel Architecture allows QNAP to deliver a family of innovative storage systems that meet the performance and scalability requirements for today's demanding environment."
QNAP's Turbo NAS series will be available for purchase in January 2009. They will be first unveiled in 2009 CES, booth: Sands 73421, January 8-11 2009.
The TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS is the first Intel-based QNAP model launched and has set a successful example for QNAP's new NAS series in delivering robust performance. Powered by Intel architecture, the TS-509 Pro supports numerous enterprise features, e.g. iSCSI target service, AES 256-bit volume-based encryption, automatic policy-based IP blocking, and instant SMS alert. The two Gigabit LAN ports of the NAS can be configured as Failover, Load balancing, or serving two different subnets. RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 6/ 5+Spare and JBOD, Online RAID Capacity Expansion and Online RAID Level Migration are all supported. The TS-509 Pro has won lots of awards of worldwide media for its high performance and industry-leading features, e.g. Editor's Choice-Tech Power UP (US), Power Award-OverclockersOnline (Canada), Recommended-PCPro (UK), Golden Tachometer Award-Benchmark (US), Editors' Choice-Terralab (Russia), The First Recommended-Bioslevel (US), Editor's Choice-BRnR (US), Top Rank-TweakNews (US), Editor's Choice-CNETFrance.fr (France), Best in Class-DriverHeaven (UK), Editor's Choice-MPC Club.
QNAP Systems, Inc. is a dominant provider of Linux OS embedded network-attached storage (NAS) and network surveillance system. We have released numerous NAS and NVR (network video recorder) series, providing our customers high performance and high reliability backup and security solutions. Today, QNAP continues to lead the industry with our innovation in design and technology. Our products have gained worldwide recognition. Further information about QNAP products is available on http://www.qnap.com.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss: 'We aren't motivated by beating Sony'
- ARK: Survival Evolved developer has no ETA on DX12 patch
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent