Today, Bose introduces the SIE2 and SIE2i sport headphones, the first Bose in-ear headphones specifically engineered for exercise. Both deliver unmatched performance for sport headphones, combining high-quality audio, stability, sweat- and water-resistance and durability -- all in a sport-inspired design that complements any athlete's workout, from casual gym-goers to cross-trainers and avid runners. For added convenience, an exclusive Reebok fitness armband holds a mobile phone or digital music player securely in place, and is included with both models.
"Many fitness enthusiasts consider headphones a key part of their exercise gear," said Sean Garrett, vice president of the Bose Noise Reduction Technology Group. "Music can help maximize performance, but tradeoffs in conventional sport headphones can interfere with a workout. So we engineered all elements of the SIE2 and SIE2i sport headphones for the athlete -- carefully selecting materials, manufacturing methods, and design elements without compromising audio performance."
The Bose SIE2 sport headphones can be used with most music players, and the SIE2i sport headphones are designed exclusively for listening to music and taking calls from select Apple devices, including an iPhone and iPod. The SIE2i in-line remote and microphone provides easy access to certain Apple phone voice commands and lets owners adjust volume and navigate through stored music.
Powerful Sound, Rugged Durability
The SIE2 and SIE2i headphones feature exclusive Bose TriPort acoustic technology, ensuring audio is reproduced with full, balanced sound. Regardless of the genre, music sounds smooth and natural, instruments have better detail and definition, and there is no manufactured "boost" across the frequency range; low notes are deep and rich, and mid-high frequencies and vocals are reproduced with improved clarity.
"Our goal is lifelike sound," said Garrett. "Sport headphones shouldn't compromise on what matters most, and that's the quality of the audio. But the new Bose sport headphones do more. They were rigorously tested to ensure they could withstand the most intense workouts, indoors or outdoors."
The SIE2 and SIE2i headphones feature durable cable construction for strength, flexibility and the rigors of daily use. They also have acoustic ports positioned to resist sweat and water and are covered with a hydrophobic cloth to keep moisture out while letting sound pass through. And the in-line remote and microphone included with the SIE2i headphones has watertight button housings and a hydrophobic acoustic windscreen to reduce the effects of wind noise and moisture.
For comfort and stability, the SIE2 and SIE2i headphones include proprietary Bose StayHear tips (in small, medium and large) that conform securely and comfortably to the ear's shape, reducing irritating pressure points and the need for continuous adjustments. The open design of the ear tips allows owners to listen to music at moderate listening volumes while remaining aware of their surroundings -- an essential feature for anyone who exercises outdoors.
Bose collaborated with Reebok to develop the exclusive fitness armband; it holds a mobile phone or digital music player securely in place during exercise, and is constructed with a breathable fabric that contours to the body without restricting movement. Leveraging Reebok's expertise in athletic apparel, the armband's hook-and-loop tab is adjustable for fit, and a clear, protective window allows touch-control access to compatible devices. Along with the headphone's shorter, rugged cable, the armband was built to stay out-of-the-way -- so the runner, cyclist or weight-trainer can focus on their workout, without interference from the music source or cord. And if a longer cord is needed -- for a treadmill or connection to another source -- an extension cable is included with both models.
The new SIE2 headphones are available from Bose in green for $119.95, and the new SIE2i headphones are available in green or orange for $149.95 each.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand