Pretec Unveils CFast Storage Card, the Smallest SATA SSD in the World
Las Vegas, USA. January 8th 2009 -- Pretec, as the 2nd in the world to offer CF card (1995) and the producer of the world's largest capacity CF card (64GB), proudly unveils at CES 2009 today the Pretec CFast Storage Card, another breakthrough in the flash. Pretec CFast Storage Card is a revolutionary product with CF card sized form factor
incorporating the key strength of high speed SATA interface.
Pretec 333X CF card, the highest speed CF card in the world released on September 2008 at Photokina is running at the speed up to 50MB/s, such traditional CF standard adopts PATA standard with maximum transfer speed of 133MB/s, will soon become the bottleneck for the ever increased speed demand of SSD. CFast is developed by CompactFlash Association (www.compactflash.org) to break the speed limit from
133MB/s (PATA) to 375MB/s (SATA) while keep the small and popular original CF mechanical form factor. Pretec CFast Storage Card contains a single chip controller and flash memory module(s) in a matchbook-sized package with a 7+17-pin connector that consists of a SATA compatible 7 pin signal connector and a 17 pin power and control connector. This single chip controller interfaces with a host system allowing data to be written to and read from the flash memory module(s). Measured only 36mmX43mm, Pretec CFast Storage Card is the smallest SATA interfaced SSD in the world.
The transfer speed of 1st generation Pretec CFast Storage Card is up to 160MB/s, about 300% faster than the fastest CF card today. Merited to such hasty speed & small size offered by Pretec CFast , professional photographers can now make the best use of high-end cameras and ultimate technology image devices by relishing continuous shots without waiting time for catch up; Industrial, embedded or PC users such as IPC, Mobile Internet Device (MID), and Ultra-Mobile Personal Computer (UMPC) can now simultaneously obtain the desirable features of next generation fast, small and reliable mobile storage.
Pretec CFast Storage Card is available now in 32GB and will be demonstrated to customers at CES at Las Vegas by appointment only, general sampling will start from next month with 64GB capacity to be released soon. Pretec CFast Storage Card, Revolution in Storage!
Pretec (http://www.pretec.com) offers a complete spectrum of small form factor memory cards and card readers such as CF, SD/MMC, USB Flash Drive, and wireless communication devices for digital imaging, mobile communication, and industrial flash markets. As the 2nd company in the world to offer CF cards since 1995 and the company to create CF I/O and SD I/O cards since 1998, Pretec has consistently demonstrated the highest capacity flash cards in the world: such as CF 3GB, 6GB, 12GB, 16GB, 24GB, 48GB and SD 4GB, SDHC 8GB and 16GB; the fastest flash card in the world: such as CF 80X and 333X, SD
133X, USB 166X, and SSD (IDE/SATA) 400X. With more than 200 patents granted or filed, Pretec has also been offering the smallest USB flash drive in the world with unique technology: such as i-Disk Tiny ("Best Gear of 2003" by TIME Magazine) and i-Disk Diamond; the most reliable flash card in the world: such as rugged PCMCIA, rugged CF card, and i-Disk Bulletproof, a water-proof, fireproof, and bullet-proof USB flash drive.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni