Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today introduced the industry's first 256 GB Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) UHS-I memory card, the Lexar Professional 400x SDXC UHS-I card. The Class 10 card leverages the SD 3.0 specification to dramatically accelerate workflow and allows photographers to capture, store, and transfer a large number of high-quality photos and extended lengths of 1080p full-HD and 3D video with a minimum guaranteed sustained read transfer speed of 60 MB per second.
When paired with a compatible card reader, such as the Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader, the Professional 400x SDXC card quickly and reliably transfers images and video from the memory card to the computer.
"Professional photographers and videographers are being tapped to capture more HD video, in addition to still photos, when out on assignment. These new demands often leave them with less time and resources to shoot," said Manisha Sharma, director of product marketing, Lexar. "High-performance, high-capacity cards like this one enables these photographers to gain back time normally wasted on changing cards or transferring images."
"By utilizing Micron's industry-leading, 128 Gb, 20 nm NAND flash memory process technology, Lexar is the first to market a 256 GB SDXC card," said Wes Brewer, vice president, products and technology for Lexar. "Using a combination of creative die-stacking techniques and uniquely engineered firmware in our UHS-I capable controller, we were able to design and produce this product sooner than our competition. With the introduction of this product, we have achieved the optimal blend of price and performance desired by our retail and non-retail customers."
The Lexar Professional 400x 256 GB SDXC UHS-I card includes a free copy of the latest version of award-winning Image Rescue 4 software to help with the recovery of lost or deleted photo and video files, even if they've been erased or the card has been corrupted. All Lexar memory card designs are tested in the Lexar Quality Labs to ensure performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability with more than 800 digital cameras and memory card devices. The Professional 400x SDXC UHS-I card comes with a limited lifetime warranty and free dedicated professional technical support.
The Lexar Professional 400x 256 GB SDXC UHS-I card will be available in October for purchase with an MSRP of $899.99 from Lexar.com and leading retail and e-tail outlets worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card