Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today introduced the industry's first 256 GB Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) UHS-I memory card, the Lexar Professional 400x SDXC UHS-I card. The Class 10 card leverages the SD 3.0 specification to dramatically accelerate workflow and allows photographers to capture, store, and transfer a large number of high-quality photos and extended lengths of 1080p full-HD and 3D video with a minimum guaranteed sustained read transfer speed of 60 MB per second.
When paired with a compatible card reader, such as the Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader, the Professional 400x SDXC card quickly and reliably transfers images and video from the memory card to the computer.
"Professional photographers and videographers are being tapped to capture more HD video, in addition to still photos, when out on assignment. These new demands often leave them with less time and resources to shoot," said Manisha Sharma, director of product marketing, Lexar. "High-performance, high-capacity cards like this one enables these photographers to gain back time normally wasted on changing cards or transferring images."
"By utilizing Micron's industry-leading, 128 Gb, 20 nm NAND flash memory process technology, Lexar is the first to market a 256 GB SDXC card," said Wes Brewer, vice president, products and technology for Lexar. "Using a combination of creative die-stacking techniques and uniquely engineered firmware in our UHS-I capable controller, we were able to design and produce this product sooner than our competition. With the introduction of this product, we have achieved the optimal blend of price and performance desired by our retail and non-retail customers."
The Lexar Professional 400x 256 GB SDXC UHS-I card includes a free copy of the latest version of award-winning Image Rescue 4 software to help with the recovery of lost or deleted photo and video files, even if they've been erased or the card has been corrupted. All Lexar memory card designs are tested in the Lexar Quality Labs to ensure performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability with more than 800 digital cameras and memory card devices. The Professional 400x SDXC UHS-I card comes with a limited lifetime warranty and free dedicated professional technical support.
The Lexar Professional 400x 256 GB SDXC UHS-I card will be available in October for purchase with an MSRP of $899.99 from Lexar.com and leading retail and e-tail outlets worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- Scientists begin tinkering on 'deleting' your unwanted memories
- AMD's Polaris GPU should arrive as 232mm2 sized die
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives