NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced the industry's first ADSL2+ 802.11ac integrated router, the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router.
The latest addition to NETGEAR's family of high-speed 802.11ac wireless devices, the D6300 is designed to meet growing customer demand for a highly integrated WiFi ADSL modem router for better and faster wireless on Internet-enabled WiFi devices in the home. Supporting both integrated ADSL and a gigabit WAN Ethernet port, the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router is a single, power-packed device that enables consumers to access ADSL/fiber/cable broadband - with the world's fastest next-generation gigabit WiFi.
Up to three times faster than 802.11n, the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router supports combined WiFi speeds up to 1600 Mbps. The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router enables HD video streaming and gaming throughout the home for an optimal entertainment experience. Like other NETGEAR 802.11ac WiFi Routers, its compatibility with next-generation WiFi devices and backwards compatibility with current WiFi devices provides a future-proof solution.
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router also includes a separate gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connecting to either high-speed cable or fiber optic broadband. Consumers can switch between cable, fiber optic broadband or ADSL without having to reconfigure their home network or replace their router.
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router also supports NETGEAR ReadySHARE Cloud service, which enables the creation of a highly secure private cloud for easily accessing and sharing files over the Internet. NETGEAR ReadySHARE Cloud keeps all your files stored securely at home on a USB external storage attached to the router, but available to transfer, edit or share anywhere, anytime remotely via your smartphone, tablet or PC.
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router joins NETGEAR's growing family of 802.11ac solutions for the home. This includes the NETGEAR R6300 WiFi Router, the industry's first 802.11ac router, which supports combined WiFi speeds up to 1750 Mbps; the NETGEAR R6200 WiFi Router, which supports approximate combined WiFi speeds up to 1200 Mbps; and the NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter, a first-to-market 802.11ac dual band WiFi USB adapter that enables consumers to easily upgrade their existing PC or laptop to 802.11ac performance. The suite of NETGEAR products illustrates that consumers can continue to rely on NETGEAR to provide market-leading solutions that enable them to enjoy the fastest wireless speeds in their home.
"NETGEAR is proud to announce another addition to our portfolio of 802.11ac WiFi solutions with the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router-the industry's first 802.11ac WiFi router with an integrated ADSL2+ modem," said Sandeep Harpalani, senior product line manager for wireless networking, NETGEAR. "NETGEAR is the market share leader in premium networking products because we offer a highly integrated solution to simplify the home network while at the same time providing the best WiFi for today's digital homes."
Advanced features of the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router include:
- NETGEAR Genie: This free app for PCs, Apple Macs, iOS and Google Android smartphones and tablets enables home users to control, monitor, repair and manage their home networks easily through a simple, elegant dashboard. NETGEAR customers can download the utility at http://www.netgear.com/genie or from the Google Play or App Store.
- NETGEAR MyMedia: The NETGEAR genie mobile app provides the ability to find photos, video or music files anywhere on the network and play them on a DLNA media player.
- AirPrint Support: The NETGEAR Genie app enables users to print on any USB or networked printer directly from an Apple iPad or Apple iPhone.
- Guest network access: The NETGEAR genie app makes setting up a guest network simple. Guests and visitors can go online through the router without the need for secure login information. The guest network also prevents users from seeing and accessing a household's computers, printers, storage devices and other home network devices.
- ReadySHARE Printer: This feature makes it easy for the router to turn any existing USB printer into a fully functional networked printer that is fully compatible with Macs and PCs.
- Media Server-DLNA: The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router is DLNA-ready and can stream to any DLNA-compatible device in your house, including the latest smart TVs, Blu-ray players, media players, game consoles, handheld devices, tablets and more.
- NETGEAR Live Parental Controls: A centralized, flexible, and reliable parental control solution for all the devices on the network, including Macs, Windows PCs, smartphones and tablets, for a safe online environment for children and teenagers. No subscription is required.
- Automatic WiFi Security: The integrated router comes with wireless security turned on out-of-the-box, complete with a pre-configured network name and password, protecting home WiFi networks by default.
- Easy Installation: There's no CD required, so users can set the router up with smartphones, tablets, ultrabooks and even MacBook Air.
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router will be available worldwide from major retailers and online beginning October 2012.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- Microsoft will put the finishing touches on Windows 10 this week
- Japan accepts recently issued giant robot challenge from US company
- Duran Duran: Streaming music 'is the way forward for the future'
- Save 93% On This Six-Course Node.js Bundle
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC