DisplayLink, the world leading provider of solutions that simplify the connection between monitors and computing devices, and Kensington Computer Products Group, the technology division of ACCO Brands Corporation and a world leader in branded office products, today announced the launch of their latest generation of Universal Docking stations, powered by DisplayLink's SuperSpeed USB 3.0 graphics technology, which integrates Graphics, as well as Gigabit Ethernet and Audio.
USB 3.0 Docking Station with DVI/HDMI/VGA
Kensington today announced two new SuperSpeed USB3.0 docking stations including an Office Dock and a Home Dock. The Office Dock sd3500v provides the ultimate hot desk expansion and productivity solution with dual-head video support for HDMI and DVI/VGA displays, Gigabit Ethernet, up to 5.1 channel audio via HDMI, and USB3 and USB2 expansion ports, all powered by DisplayLink's highly integrated DL-3900 IC. The Home Dock sd3000v is the easiest and most efficient way to expand the home desktop with a single SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connection, notebook users get a DVI/VGA display connection, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, and USB3 and USB2 expansion ports, all enabled by DisplayLink's DL-3700 IC.
Both docks feature "hot plug" functionality for audio and video, automatically detecting and routing sound and graphics to the peripherals as they are connected to the dock, ensuring the ultimate seamless user experience.
"Migrating to the latest SuperSpeed Graphics Technology is the obvious choice for us to keep the technology edge that business users and consumers demand," said Matt Evans, Global Product Manager at Kensington. "With DisplayLink's USB3 technology and compatibility certification program, our customers can be confident that they have chosen the most feature rich, reliable, and easy to use dock to expand their notebooks."
"Kensington has long been a partner of DisplayLink and their new USB3.0 docks for home and office really meet the needs of users today," said John Cummins, VP of sales and marketing for DisplayLink. "We're confident these will be winning products for Kensington and are happy to be jointly announcing this latest product family to their portfolio."
Pricing and Availability
The new Kensington USB3.0 Office Dock (sd3500v) and USB3.0 Home Dock (sd3000v) are available worldwide, with an MSRP of $169.99 and $199.99 respectively.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines