VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient computing platforms, today announced that Capital Networks, a leader in broadcast media and software development for digital signage since 1991, has teamed up with VIA through the VIA Embedded Digital Signage ISV Program. The recently released VIA ARM DS will leverage Capital Networks Audience for Android software to create a complete Android digital signage solution for an ever widening range of applications in the digital market from kiosks, POS systems, video walls, and menu boards to TVOIP, cloud streaming, and Out of Home Advertising across a broad spectrum of retail, hospitality, education, and entertainment environments.
Capital Networks Audience for Android is one of the first Android software packages designed for digital signage and allows users to create, control, distribute and display content with enhanced features including real-time scheduling, automated data feed ingestion, as run logs for content verification and command and control capability for emergency messaging. By leveraging the sleek, energy efficient VIA ARM DS platform, content will be displayed in stunning 1080p for enhanced customer engagement.
"We are excited to partner with VIA through the VIA Embedded Digital Signage ISV Program, providing us with a hardware partner with world class operations," said Jonathan White, Vice President and CTO. "Participating in the VIA ISV program has been a fantastic experience allowing us to combine our Android development expertise with VIA's hardware know-how to create a powerful new digital signage solution for the ever growing digital market."
"We are excited about this partnership with Capital Networks as it has laid the groundwork for successful development of Android applications for our VIA ARM DS trough the VIA Embedded Digital Signage ISV Program," commented Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division. "Their focus and energy has been remarkable throughout the process and has helped create what will become the standard in the new era of Android digital signage."
The VIA ARM DS system is backed by VIA's worldwide software support and is compatible with the latest Digital Content Management software. Independent Software Vendors and System Integrators interested in purchasing development kits and working with VIA Embedded to develop solutions based on the system are invited to visit the following link to learn more about the VIA Embedded Digital Signage ISV program:
For more information about the VIA ARM DS System please visit:
For more information about Capital Networks Audience for Android, please visit:
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset