Other World Computing (OWC) http://www.macsales.com, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, today introduced the OWC Mercury AccelsiorM, a Mac and PC-bootable, fully supported PCIe controller card that accepts any standard 50 mm mSATA Solid State Drive. By utilizing the fastest data interface available in a Mac Pro or PC-the PCIe slot-the Mercury AccelsiorM can offer data transfer speeds that exceed 3 Gb/s SSDs .up to 380 MB/s.
User-Friendly, Yet Robust for Demanding Uses
As easy to install as a memory module, yet robust enough to handle the rigors of professional multimedia production environments, the half-height AccelsiorM card is the clear choice for Mac Pro and PC owners who desire the maximum performance from their 3G data bus-based machines. Waiting for I/O-intensive apps like Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, or Avid Pro Tools to render, capture or process will become a distant memory; business critical applications are given an instant boost; and game level loading, object streaming, and save times can be reduced for more play time and less waiting.
Fully Bootable, No Drivers Needed
The OWC Mercury AccelsiorM PCIe controller card is AHCI compliant, so no drivers are required for a truly Plug and Play performance-boosting solution. Besides having the ability to turn a computer into a speed demon, this high-performance PCIe controller card is the only Mac-bootable, Mac supported card available.
Future-Ready for Growing Storage Needs
Greatly improving data transfer rates is only one of the benefits of the AccelsiorM. With the ability to use any standard 50 mm mSATA SSD, consumers can meet expanding storage needs while extending the useful life of their investment in the AccelsiorM and their mSATA SSDs.
Keeps Drive Bays Open
Because AccelsiorM can utilize any open PCIe slot in a Mac or PC, consumers can keep their existing traditional footprint drive array intact and even add to their storage capacity.
The Mercury AccelsiorM PCIe controller card is priced at $49.95 MSRP, comes with a three-year warranty, and is available immediately from Other World Computing as well as through select retailers. This controller card only model joins the previously announced, ready-to-run Accelsior PCIe SSD which features two on-board SandForce Driven "blades" with up to 960 GB total capacity and data transfer speeds up to 820 MB/s.
"Expanding our Accelsior line is quite rewarding because these products greatly extend the useful life of a Mac Pro or PC," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "Whether looking for a turnkey solution or a bare card to add sourced drives to, an Accelsior PCIe solution is the product professionals should choose when seeking the highest level of drive performance from their machine."
Most Comprehensive SSD Line For Macs And PCs
OWC's Mercury line of performance leading, world speed record-breaking SSDs offers a model for nearly every Mac and PC produced over the past decade in capacities from 30 GB to 960 GB starting from $49.99. For more information, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/
Latest News Posts
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- Destiny 2 confirmed for PC release
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory