Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook 19, its best-selling rugged convertible tablet PC. The updated Toughbook 19 now comes with an Intel Core i5-3320M vPro processor (up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology. Other enhancements include expanded storage, a more responsive touchpad and an innovative ambient light sensor, allowing automatic backlight shut-off to improve battery life.
With these and other upgrades, the reliable Toughbook 19 continues to be the ideal investment for a broad spectrum of demanding work environments, including the military's front lines, in police and emergency services vehicles, and in the field for use by service workers and utility and maintenance technicians.
Panasonic Toughbook 19: Key Improvements
- Upgraded processor: Intel Core i5-3320M vPro (up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage: 500 GB 7200 rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect with quick release)
- Improved battery life: 10% longer, delivering 10 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing on the touch model
- Added connectivity options: USB 3.0 port provides up to 10x faster file transfer speeds
- Increased touchpad responsiveness: Now using Interlink's VersaPad
- Added ambient light sensor: Allows automatic backlight shut-off to enhance battery life
- Improved battery calibration tool: Now capable of running in the background, allowing simultaneous use of computer
The rugged Toughbook 19 convertible tablet PC has been reliably serving mission-critical mobile workers for more than half a decade," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions for Business. "These upgrades will give users improved performance and functionality along with the quality and durability they have come to trust."
Optional integrated 4G LTE wireless or 3G Gobi mobile broadband is another key feature of the Toughbook 19, allowing workers to stay connected virtually all of the time. Optional GPS technology enables improved accuracy, fast satellite acquisition time and low power consumption. The Toughbook 19 also features Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth® v. 4.0 + EDR (Class 1) and numerous other connectivity options.
With ten hours of battery life, the Toughbook 19 is ready for a full day of work. The computer's Battery Calibration Tool can now run in the background, allowing users to work while the battery is being calibrated.
The Toughbook 19 goes beyond the MIL-STD-810G certification with the ability to withstand a six-foot drop. The device also features a shock-mounted hard drive, full magnesium alloy case and available explosive atmosphere certification (Class 1 Div 2) for hazardous environments. The Toughbook 19's IP65 certification provides water and dust resistance, enabling field workers to maintain their productivity in challenging scenarios such as heavy rains or sandstorms. In addition, the device has a fanless design unlike other convertible tablets, improving reliability by reducing the opportunity for dust or liquid related ingress issues, typical of challenging works environments. The 10.1-inch XGA touchscreen TransreflectivePlus display with anti-reflective and anti-glare screen treatments, plus a circular polarizing filter, provides an unparalleled outdoor viewing experience, even in direct sunlight.
Pricing and Availability
In the United States, the Toughbook 19 is available in from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at an estimated street price of $3,549.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni