Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook 19, its best-selling rugged convertible tablet PC. The updated Toughbook 19 now comes with an Intel Core i5-3320M vPro processor (up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology. Other enhancements include expanded storage, a more responsive touchpad and an innovative ambient light sensor, allowing automatic backlight shut-off to improve battery life.
With these and other upgrades, the reliable Toughbook 19 continues to be the ideal investment for a broad spectrum of demanding work environments, including the military's front lines, in police and emergency services vehicles, and in the field for use by service workers and utility and maintenance technicians.
Panasonic Toughbook 19: Key Improvements
- Upgraded processor: Intel Core i5-3320M vPro (up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Expanded storage: 500 GB 7200 rpm hard drive (shock-mounted flex-connect with quick release)
- Improved battery life: 10% longer, delivering 10 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing on the touch model
- Added connectivity options: USB 3.0 port provides up to 10x faster file transfer speeds
- Increased touchpad responsiveness: Now using Interlink's VersaPad
- Added ambient light sensor: Allows automatic backlight shut-off to enhance battery life
- Improved battery calibration tool: Now capable of running in the background, allowing simultaneous use of computer
The rugged Toughbook 19 convertible tablet PC has been reliably serving mission-critical mobile workers for more than half a decade," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions for Business. "These upgrades will give users improved performance and functionality along with the quality and durability they have come to trust."
Optional integrated 4G LTE wireless or 3G Gobi mobile broadband is another key feature of the Toughbook 19, allowing workers to stay connected virtually all of the time. Optional GPS technology enables improved accuracy, fast satellite acquisition time and low power consumption. The Toughbook 19 also features Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth® v. 4.0 + EDR (Class 1) and numerous other connectivity options.
With ten hours of battery life, the Toughbook 19 is ready for a full day of work. The computer's Battery Calibration Tool can now run in the background, allowing users to work while the battery is being calibrated.
The Toughbook 19 goes beyond the MIL-STD-810G certification with the ability to withstand a six-foot drop. The device also features a shock-mounted hard drive, full magnesium alloy case and available explosive atmosphere certification (Class 1 Div 2) for hazardous environments. The Toughbook 19's IP65 certification provides water and dust resistance, enabling field workers to maintain their productivity in challenging scenarios such as heavy rains or sandstorms. In addition, the device has a fanless design unlike other convertible tablets, improving reliability by reducing the opportunity for dust or liquid related ingress issues, typical of challenging works environments. The 10.1-inch XGA touchscreen TransreflectivePlus display with anti-reflective and anti-glare screen treatments, plus a circular polarizing filter, provides an unparalleled outdoor viewing experience, even in direct sunlight.
Pricing and Availability
In the United States, the Toughbook 19 is available in from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at an estimated street price of $3,549.
Latest News Posts
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015