LaCie Hard Disk By Neil Poulton Can Now Be Connected to Your HDTV: LaCinema Classic
- Play movies, music, and photos on any TV
- Connect to HDTV via HDMI
- Store huge digital content libraries
- USB host for USB Key content instant playback
Today LaCie announced the LaCinema Classic Hard Disk, suited for all fans of digital movies, music, and photography. Designed by award-winning industrial designer Neil Poulton, this attractive multimedia storage device can pack more than 1,000* movies, or 250,000 songs, or 1 million photographs with up to 1 TB** (terabyte) of capacity. Weighing a mere 33 ounces, LaCinema Classic is extremely compact - a perfect storage device for entertainment in the home. Customers simply load content from their PC or Mac on the Classic drive and connect it to their TV for instant playback. No configuration required. Users will also enjoy HDMI 1080p upscaling of movies and photos.
"Without realizing it, many consumers have developed their own library of digital content, through a growing collection of movies, music, and personal photos," said Patrick Salin, Multimedia business unit manager, LaCie. "The LaCinema Classic offers users just what they need to store and play their favorite content wherever desired, connected to their PC or Mac, or directly to their Television, for an affordable price" Designed for multimedia, the LaCinema Classic works with numerous video, music, and photo formats, including MPEG4, MP3 and JPEG as well as HD-JPEG for superior viewing of images over HDMI output. An SPDIF coaxial cable is included to maximize the audio experience.
LaCinema Classic is DivX-certified so customers can watch DivX transcoded videos with high quality and resolution. LaCinema Classic comes in 500 GB (gigabyte) and 1 TB models, offering the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface for PC or Mac, as well as HDMI and composite outputs for video, and stereo and coaxial S/PDIF outputs for audio.
LaCinema Classic is available now and retails for $159. LaCie products are available through the LaCie Online Store or LaCie Resellers. For more information, visit http://www.lacie.com.
About Neil Poulton
Neil Poulton was born in Thurso, Scotland. A graduate in Industrial Design from Edinburgh University and Milan's Domus Academy, Poulton first came into public view in 1989 as the creator of "the ageing pens," pens made from a "living," wearing plastic that changes color and form with use. Today, Neil Poulton designs and develops best-selling, award-winning products for a variety of international clients including LaCie and Artemide. Since 1991, Poulton has lived and worked in Paris, France. http://www.neilpoulton.com
Located in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Europe, Singapore and Hong Kong, LaCie is the leading manufacturer of computer peripherals for Windows, Apple and Linux users. LaCie creates external storage solutions and color monitors that help professionals and everyday people easily manage their digital lives. LaCie has differentiated its products through original designs and leading-edge technology. Established in France in 1989, LaCie is listed on Euronext under FR0000054314 (LAC). For more information, visit http://www.lacie.com
Latest News Posts
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- Minecraft creator has 'never felt more isolated' with his $2.5 billion
- Julian Assange urged Edward Snowden to pick Russia over Latin America
- Cyclist has a rather amusing encounter with a Google self-driving car
- Netflix 4K copy-protection cracked, first leak appears
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20