NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced the NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender (XAUB2511). Using Powerline technology, the NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender combines the ability to turn any outlet into an Internet connection, with the ability to play your music in any room in the home with an outlet.
The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender enables you to stream music to speakers anywhere in the home from a smartphone, tablet (Apple iOS- and Android-supported) or Windows PC. Just choose music on your smartphone, tablet or Windows PC, select a remote speaker in your home connected to the NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender, and play it. For Macs and iOS devices, use the Airplay function to stream the music to your desired speaker. For PCs and Android devices, download an app for such capabilities.
Any type of audio system is supported, from a brand new home theater system to an old stereo, which can be connected using RCA jack connectors.
As a unique feature for your Apple iPhone and Apple iPad, you can stream your favorite music from Pandora, Spotify or Deezer services to the remote speaker using the Airplay function.
The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender can also connect smart TVs, HD set-top boxes, gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, network DVRs, PCs or any other Ethernet-based device to the Internet via an Ethernet port (RJ45). In addition, the XAUB2511, through a NETGEAR "media extender app" downloaded to your PC, enables you to connect your Windows PC to remote USB devices located anywhere at home, be it a USB printer or USB hard drive.
The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender is the latest in a series of NETGEAR products that go beyond basic networking to enhance the multimedia experience for consumers worldwide.
The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender Difference
- Stream music from your smartphone, tablet or Windows PC to a speaker anywhere at home
- Enjoy music on existing Hi-Fi system's speakers, even for those that are not Internet-enabled
- Works with iOS and Android smartphones or tablets
- Turns any power outlet into an Internet connection
- Includes a "pass-through" power outlet so other electrical devices can share the same outlet
- Share a USB printer or USB hard drive on the home network.
"Consumers want to remotely control and play their music anywhere in the home without being confined by distance or device," said Fred Guiot, senior product line manager, consumer products at NETGEAR. "By enabling users to connect and use existing speakers, NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender facilitates the 'play music anywhere' lifestyle we have come to expect. The Extender also turns any power outlet into a high-speed Internet connection, and can be used as a network connection for USB printers and USB hard drives on the home network -with minimal setup."
Easy to Install, Set Up and Use
NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender is simple to install and set up. No configuration is necessary - just plug and play.
Pricing and Availability
NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender will be available worldwide from major retailers and online starting in October 2012. The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender Starter kit (XAUB2511) starts at $139/139. The single pack XAU2511, ideal for those who already have
NETGEAR Powerline at home, is priced starting at $99/99.
Latest News Posts
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- PS4 Slim: 1.84 TFLOPs, HDD swapping, no 4K or HDR
- No Man's Sky concurrent players tanks by 90% on Steam
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's patch fixes some issues on PC
- No Man's Sky mod lets you travel underwater, and more
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller