MSI, one of the world's leading graphics card and mainboard manufacturers, is extremely happy to announce the availability of the MSI Z77 MPOWER, world's first OC Certified mainboard. With the Z77 MPOWER, MSI is changing the game for everyone looking to get the best performance out of their CPU without worrying about long-term stability. Thanks to the OC Essentials, Military Class III components and Twin Frozr IV based thermal design the MSI Z77 MPOWER can withstand extreme loads in long duration overclocking tests. All in all, the MSI Z77 MPOWER promises to be the best choice for gamers and overclockers alike.
OC Certified is MSI's overclocking testing procedure where MSI's Z77 MPOWER mainboard is tested for stability with a 24-hour Prime95 stress test. OC Certified tests a mainboard in three key areas:
- OC Performance
- Stable Power
- PWM Cooling
OC Performance means that all OC Certified tests are run at a 4.6GHz CPU speed, this simulates the high-end overclock range of today's 3rd Generation Intel Core CPUs. Stable Power is tested by running Prime95 for 24-hours in low airflow conditions. This ensures that the PWM is capable of supplying stable power to the CPU under extreme conditions. The PWM cooling is stressed in low-airflow conditions combined with high overclocks. Other motherboards might become unstable or fail under these conditions.
With OC Essentials the MSI Z77 MPOWER provides all the essential overclocking tools for everyday and extreme overclocking. Easy Button III to provide on-board power and reset buttons, V-Check Points to accurately measure voltages for the CPU, integrated graphics, memory, and PCH. The two-digit Debug LED shows the exact system status while booting (for easy troubleshooting) and displays the CPU temperature when running in the OS. Multi-BIOS II is a safety feature that ensures a working BIOS even if it fails once. An Indicator light will always show which revision of the BIOS you are running. Finally, a Clear CMOS button resets your BIOS in case you pushed the settings a bit too far.
Military Class III
MSI's Military Class is the backbone of many overclocking records and also responsible for MSI's great power efficiency and overclocking stability. MSI's Military Class III components are certified to the MIL-STD-810G standard which demands the highest level of stability from components put through extreme conditions extreme heat and freezing cold temperatures, extreme temperature fluctuations and shock & drop tests.
The Z77 MPOWER is built with these Military Class III components:
- DrMOS II
- Hi-C CAP
- SFC (Super Ferrite Choke)
- Solid CAP
For more information, please visit MSI BIG BANG website.
Latest News Posts
- 'Ghostbusters' reboot director lashes online critics
- Battlefield 1 Collector's Edition includes playing cards, cloth poster
- Battlefield 1 pre-orders grant early access to full game, DLC map
- Battlefield 1 campaign features multiple perspectives
- Battlefield 1 getting an open beta, here's how to sign up
- Moderboard and memory compatibility problem, I guess
- 1MORE Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones Review
- Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- G.SKILL introduces 5 new color schemes to Trident Z Series DDR4 memory
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboards featuring Braswell refresh processors
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat