Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (Taiwan Stock Exchange: 2379.TW), one of the world's leading network and multimedia IC providers, announced today that its highly integrated single-chip 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160) resolution 3D TV controller will be adopted by Skyworth-RGB Electronic Co. in their production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) LED TV displays from Chimei Innolux Corporation (CMI). This will be an industry-first mass production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs, and production will begin in September 2012.
Through this close collaboration, Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth have achieved TVs with a higher resolution and a larger viewing angle, and also resolved the problem of overly large pixels causing loss of picture clarity on larger TV screens. The new UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs offer extremely high video resolutions that go far beyond today's 1080p systems, and will offer a far clearer picture quality.
Realtek TV Controller Features:
- Lossless decoding, Ultra High Definition image processing, and lossless output to the screen-side
- Direct play UHD (Ultra High Definition) content via USBConnect
- Highly integrated UHD single-chip reduces system costs
"We are happy to be at the leading edge in production of the industry-first 4K x 2K Ultra High Definition TVs. This is a three-way win for Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth", said Realtek's Vice President and Spokesman, Jessy Chen. "The new UDF TVs offer un-paralleled clarity with approximately four times the resolution of a 1080p display, and showcase Realtek's advanced capabilities in the high-end TV Market".
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup