Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (Taiwan Stock Exchange: 2379.TW), one of the world's leading network and multimedia IC providers, announced today that its highly integrated single-chip 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160) resolution 3D TV controller will be adopted by Skyworth-RGB Electronic Co. in their production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) LED TV displays from Chimei Innolux Corporation (CMI). This will be an industry-first mass production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs, and production will begin in September 2012.
Through this close collaboration, Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth have achieved TVs with a higher resolution and a larger viewing angle, and also resolved the problem of overly large pixels causing loss of picture clarity on larger TV screens. The new UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs offer extremely high video resolutions that go far beyond today's 1080p systems, and will offer a far clearer picture quality.
Realtek TV Controller Features:
- Lossless decoding, Ultra High Definition image processing, and lossless output to the screen-side
- Direct play UHD (Ultra High Definition) content via USBConnect
- Highly integrated UHD single-chip reduces system costs
"We are happy to be at the leading edge in production of the industry-first 4K x 2K Ultra High Definition TVs. This is a three-way win for Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth", said Realtek's Vice President and Spokesman, Jessy Chen. "The new UDF TVs offer un-paralleled clarity with approximately four times the resolution of a 1080p display, and showcase Realtek's advanced capabilities in the high-end TV Market".
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will soon offer no subscriptions for World of Warcraft
- Apple rumored to launch its new 12-inch Retina MacBook Air in Q2 2015
- Sony not worried about the price of its VR headset during development
- Valve confirms it is experimenting around with Half-Life in VR
- Rock Band 4 announced, will hit the Xbox One and PS4 end of this year
- my mobo sata port in bios cant see my sdd or hdd or dvd anymore ?
- EP45-UD3R bios settings for mixture of SSD, SATA, and IDE drives
- Inateck FE2006 2.5" USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- PC crashing after GA X97M D3H 7c Bios
- 775i65G asus mb sata issues
- Razer Makes Razer Chroma SDK Available
- ESL Releases First Mobile App for Events
- ADATA Launches IHSS312 Industrial Half-Slim SSD
- Logitech Announces G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse
- G.SKILL Announces 2nd Annual "OC World Cup 2015" Overclocking Competition