Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (Taiwan Stock Exchange: 2379.TW), one of the world's leading network and multimedia IC providers, announced today that its highly integrated single-chip 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160) resolution 3D TV controller will be adopted by Skyworth-RGB Electronic Co. in their production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) LED TV displays from Chimei Innolux Corporation (CMI). This will be an industry-first mass production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs, and production will begin in September 2012.
Through this close collaboration, Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth have achieved TVs with a higher resolution and a larger viewing angle, and also resolved the problem of overly large pixels causing loss of picture clarity on larger TV screens. The new UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs offer extremely high video resolutions that go far beyond today's 1080p systems, and will offer a far clearer picture quality.
Realtek TV Controller Features:
- Lossless decoding, Ultra High Definition image processing, and lossless output to the screen-side
- Direct play UHD (Ultra High Definition) content via USBConnect
- Highly integrated UHD single-chip reduces system costs
"We are happy to be at the leading edge in production of the industry-first 4K x 2K Ultra High Definition TVs. This is a three-way win for Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth", said Realtek's Vice President and Spokesman, Jessy Chen. "The new UDF TVs offer un-paralleled clarity with approximately four times the resolution of a 1080p display, and showcase Realtek's advanced capabilities in the high-end TV Market".
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T