Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (Taiwan Stock Exchange: 2379.TW), one of the world's leading network and multimedia IC providers, announced today that its highly integrated single-chip 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160) resolution 3D TV controller will be adopted by Skyworth-RGB Electronic Co. in their production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) LED TV displays from Chimei Innolux Corporation (CMI). This will be an industry-first mass production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs, and production will begin in September 2012.
Through this close collaboration, Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth have achieved TVs with a higher resolution and a larger viewing angle, and also resolved the problem of overly large pixels causing loss of picture clarity on larger TV screens. The new UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs offer extremely high video resolutions that go far beyond today's 1080p systems, and will offer a far clearer picture quality.
Realtek TV Controller Features:
- Lossless decoding, Ultra High Definition image processing, and lossless output to the screen-side
- Direct play UHD (Ultra High Definition) content via USBConnect
- Highly integrated UHD single-chip reduces system costs
"We are happy to be at the leading edge in production of the industry-first 4K x 2K Ultra High Definition TVs. This is a three-way win for Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth", said Realtek's Vice President and Spokesman, Jessy Chen. "The new UDF TVs offer un-paralleled clarity with approximately four times the resolution of a 1080p display, and showcase Realtek's advanced capabilities in the high-end TV Market".
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- Xiaomi Mi MIX rocks its edge-to-edge display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage