Realtek Semiconductor Corp. (Taiwan Stock Exchange: 2379.TW), one of the world's leading network and multimedia IC providers, announced today that its highly integrated single-chip 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160) resolution 3D TV controller will be adopted by Skyworth-RGB Electronic Co. in their production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) LED TV displays from Chimei Innolux Corporation (CMI). This will be an industry-first mass production of 4K x 2K UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs, and production will begin in September 2012.
Through this close collaboration, Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth have achieved TVs with a higher resolution and a larger viewing angle, and also resolved the problem of overly large pixels causing loss of picture clarity on larger TV screens. The new UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs offer extremely high video resolutions that go far beyond today's 1080p systems, and will offer a far clearer picture quality.
Realtek TV Controller Features:
- Lossless decoding, Ultra High Definition image processing, and lossless output to the screen-side
- Direct play UHD (Ultra High Definition) content via USBConnect
- Highly integrated UHD single-chip reduces system costs
"We are happy to be at the leading edge in production of the industry-first 4K x 2K Ultra High Definition TVs. This is a three-way win for Realtek, CMI, and Skyworth", said Realtek's Vice President and Spokesman, Jessy Chen. "The new UDF TVs offer un-paralleled clarity with approximately four times the resolution of a 1080p display, and showcase Realtek's advanced capabilities in the high-end TV Market".
Latest News Posts
- Google exec amongst thousands killed in Nepal quake
- Nate Mitchell from Oculus will speak at Disrupt NY about all things VR
- Gears of War remaster in development for the Xbox One by Splash Damage
- Guillermo del Toro says that Silent Hills "is not gonna happen"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is official, beta available soon
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis
- Acer Delivers 15.6-inch Budget-Friendly Chromebook
- Thermaltake Debuts Full Range of Radiators The Pacific RL and R Series Optimized for Maximum Heat Dispatching
- GALAX Launches Liquid-Cooled HOF GTX 970 and GTX 980 Graphics Cards