Synology America Corp. today announced the launch of the first 2013 models, the DiskStations DS213 and DS213+. The new 2-bay models are updated for home and office use.
"We are very proud to announce our latest additions to the DiskStation family," said Marivel Espinoza, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. "The new DiskStations offer improved performance, in addition to the same great reliability and software set our customers have come to expect."
The DS213 and DS213+ are built to save time and money. Slated to land under $300 and $370 respectively, either model will make an economical addition to any network. Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) simplifies volume management and allows for nearly instantaneous volume creation.
The new models offer performance improvements over their predecessors. The DS213+ includes a hardware assist for greatly improved performance when using 256-bit AES encryption. Support for USB 3.0 allows for improved backup and restore times.
All Synology DiskStations feature the same intuitive DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system. DSM brings a number of business-friendly features at no additional cost.
The Cloud Station package allows users to keep files in sync, whether in the office or on the go. Cloud Station allows remote assets to keep their files in sync without needing port forwarding, or leaving data on 3rd party server.
- Support for backups from Windows┬« and Mac OS X clients
- Centralized file sharing using common network protocols
- ACL support for granular, file-level control
- ADS support up to 100,000 users and groups
- Granular notification system via email, SMS, and push
- Antivirus package
For more information about the both of these products: http://www.synology.com/products/index.php?lang=us
Latest News Posts
- Pok├ęmon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand