Synology America Corp. today announced the launch of the first 2013 models, the DiskStations DS213 and DS213+. The new 2-bay models are updated for home and office use.
"We are very proud to announce our latest additions to the DiskStation family," said Marivel Espinoza, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. "The new DiskStations offer improved performance, in addition to the same great reliability and software set our customers have come to expect."
The DS213 and DS213+ are built to save time and money. Slated to land under $300 and $370 respectively, either model will make an economical addition to any network. Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) simplifies volume management and allows for nearly instantaneous volume creation.
The new models offer performance improvements over their predecessors. The DS213+ includes a hardware assist for greatly improved performance when using 256-bit AES encryption. Support for USB 3.0 allows for improved backup and restore times.
All Synology DiskStations feature the same intuitive DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system. DSM brings a number of business-friendly features at no additional cost.
The Cloud Station package allows users to keep files in sync, whether in the office or on the go. Cloud Station allows remote assets to keep their files in sync without needing port forwarding, or leaving data on 3rd party server.
- Support for backups from Windows┬« and Mac OS X clients
- Centralized file sharing using common network protocols
- ACL support for granular, file-level control
- ADS support up to 100,000 users and groups
- Granular notification system via email, SMS, and push
- Antivirus package
For more information about the both of these products: http://www.synology.com/products/index.php?lang=us
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand