Synology America Corp. today announced the launch of the first 2013 models, the DiskStations DS213 and DS213+. The new 2-bay models are updated for home and office use.
"We are very proud to announce our latest additions to the DiskStation family," said Marivel Espinoza, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. "The new DiskStations offer improved performance, in addition to the same great reliability and software set our customers have come to expect."
The DS213 and DS213+ are built to save time and money. Slated to land under $300 and $370 respectively, either model will make an economical addition to any network. Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) simplifies volume management and allows for nearly instantaneous volume creation.
The new models offer performance improvements over their predecessors. The DS213+ includes a hardware assist for greatly improved performance when using 256-bit AES encryption. Support for USB 3.0 allows for improved backup and restore times.
All Synology DiskStations feature the same intuitive DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system. DSM brings a number of business-friendly features at no additional cost.
The Cloud Station package allows users to keep files in sync, whether in the office or on the go. Cloud Station allows remote assets to keep their files in sync without needing port forwarding, or leaving data on 3rd party server.
- Support for backups from Windows┬« and Mac OS X clients
- Centralized file sharing using common network protocols
- ACL support for granular, file-level control
- ADS support up to 100,000 users and groups
- Granular notification system via email, SMS, and push
- Antivirus package
For more information about the both of these products: http://www.synology.com/products/index.php?lang=us
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99