Greenliant Systems, a leader in energy-efficient, highly secure and reliable solid state storage products, is now sampling its industrial temperature SATA and PATA interface NANDrive embedded solid state drives (SSDs) using 2-bits-per-cell (MLC) NAND flash memory. The new NANDrive devices are the first ball grid array (BGA) package SATA / PATA SSDs based on MLC NAND that are capable of operating at temperatures between -40 to +85 degrees Celsius.
NANDrive combines Greenliant's internally developed NAND controller with NAND flash die for a fully integrated SSD in a multi-chip package. SATA and PATA NANDrive products have the same pin-out across all capacities in each family to ensure backward compatibility and simplify board design. The BGA package allows for easy and firm mounting to a system motherboard, and the 1mm ball pitch increases long-term reliability for applications enduring mechanical shock, vibration and temperature cycling.
"Greenliant has optimized its NAND controllers and NANDrive production flow to ensure quality and reliability requirements, such as avoiding uncorrectable errors, when the MLC NAND is operating at extremely low and high temperatures," said Frank Lin, vice president of engineering, Greenliant Systems. "Through this technology advancement, we can now offer I-temp NANDrive, a cost-effective embedded SSD for cost-competitive applications that require extended reliability over extended temperature ranges."
"MLC NAND is difficult to manage, and even more difficult over wide temperature ranges. Until now, embedded systems that required industrial temperature solid state storage had to use more expensive SLC NAND," said Jim Handy, principal analyst, Objective Analysis. "Greenliant's NANDrive solution promises to bring pricing of industrial temperature SSDs to reasonable levels."
The addition of MLC NAND-based industrial temperature NANDrive devices builds on Greenliant's high-endurance industrial grade product offerings, giving customers more choices and flexibility when selecting embedded SSDs to meet their design needs.
Greenliant is currently sampling industrial temperature GLS85LS SATA and GLS85LP PATA NANDrive devices in 8, 16, 32 and 64 GByte with customers on select product engagements. For more information about the Greenliant NANDrive product portfolio, visit http://www.NANDrive.com and contact a Greenliant authorized distributor or sales representative.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20