Toshiba's Storage Products Business Unit of Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc., a committed technology leader, today announced it is expanding its enterprise Solid State Drives (eSSD) family with the PX-Series, featuring three models targeted for various enterprise applications: boot, read-intensive, entry level servers; entry-to-mid-range application servers; and high-performance enterprise application servers. The PX-Series reflects Toshiba's continued storage innovation and coincides with the company's celebration of its 25th anniversary as the inventor of NAND flash technology. Each model is optimized for its target segment with NAND flash processes, capacity, and interface support.
High-Performance: Targeted at applications requiring the highest levels of eSSD performance, the PX02SM series is Toshiba's first eSSD to utilize 24nm eMLC (enterprise multi-level cell) NAND technology, with capacities of 200/400/800GB1 and 1.6TB2, and is Toshiba's first offering with a dual-port 12Gb/sec SAS interface with a form-factor equivalent to industry-standard 2.5inch HDDs.
Value Line: Optimized for entry-to-mid-level server and storage applications requiring balance, reliability, capacity and endurance, the PX02AM series also features 24nm eMLC NAND flash in capacities of 100, 200 and 400GB, all with a 6Gb/s SATA (Serial ATA) interface. Featuring a slim 7mm 2.5inch industry-standard form-factor, all capacities offer power-loss protection.
Read-Intensive/Boot Server: Targeted at entry-level server applications, the PX03AN series is Toshiba's first eSSD family using 19nm cMLC (consumer multi-level cell) NAND flash, in capacities of 55, 120, 240 and 480 GB. Utilizing the 7mm 2.5inch form-factor, the PX03AN series drives also offer power-loss protection.
These three new products further underscore the breadth of Toshiba's storage products, both SSDs and hard disk drives (HDDs) for mobile and enterprise markets, giving customers a "one-stop shop" capability for their storage design needs.
Toshiba's unique integrated SSD design and manufacturing capability ensures that key components of the SSD, including NAND flash, are designed by Toshiba leveraging Toshiba's vertical integration and leadership strengths in the growing SSD market. Component and design commonality also reduces qualification time for Toshiba customers and reflects Toshiba's partner-driven approach to SSD design and manufacturing.
"As SSDs continue to broaden their reach into enterprise applications, from web servers to data centers, our customers are looking for a broad set of SSD solutions," said Joel Hagberg, vice president of marketing at Toshiba's Storage Products Business Unit. "Today's announcement further demonstrates how Toshiba is providing our partners with the ability to deliver the best storage solutions for every enterprise need."
The PX02SM 200/400/800GB and 1.6TB models will start shipping in the fourth quarter of 2012. The PX02AM series of value-line eSSDs and the PX03AN series of entry-level eSSDs will both commence shipments in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now