Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) and Skype announced the new Logitech® TV Cam HD, a high-definition TV camera with built in Skype capability that operates on any HDTV with HDMI® input, making it easier than ever to share everyday moments through HD Skype video calls from the comfort of your own living room.
With Skype built in and using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet connectivity with your HDTV, there is no additional software or computer required, making installation and use quick and easy. Using a simple, bundled remote controller, the Logitech TV Cam HD lets you call anyone using Skype on any platform, whether they are on their smartphone, tablet, HDTV or computer. Simply sign into Skype with your existing Skype Name, or create a new account on your HDTV, and you are a few clicks away from making a Skype video call from the comfort of your couch. You can also use Skype on the Logitech TV Cam HD to call landline or mobile numbers using your account's Skype Credit or calling subscription. Plus, the Logitech TV Cam HD is Skype Certified, ensuring you will have the best-possible Skype calling experience.
"Amazing connections happen when the video calling experience moves to the TV in the living room: the most popular and comfortable place in the house," said Joerg Tewes, vice president of Logitech's digital home business group. "Because of the size of the TV screen and the quality of the video, the new Logitech TV Cam HD with Skype brings a whole new social element to the living room, helping you feel like your family and friends are right there with you. It's a transformative experience."
"Our mission is to make Skype calling part of consumers' everyday routine by ensuring it is accessible to everyone at any time and from anywhere," said Bob Rosin, head of business development for Skype. "The affordable and simple-to-use Logitech TV Cam HD is a great way for the whole family to share everyday moments through Skype with others near and far - right from their living room."
The Logitech TV Cam HD is easy to set up and works with any HDTV with an available HDMI input. The camera also offers a wide-angle lens developed in conjunction with the German optics specialist Carl Zeiss that gets the whole family in the video call, so everyone from grandparents to grandchildren can move around naturally, compared to a regular computer webcam experience. Thanks to Logitech Fluid CrystalTM Technology and Carl Zeiss® optics, you'll experience crystal clear sound and sharp, rich video images - even in low light.
The Logitech TV Cam HD features a built-in ringer, so you'll know when someone is calling - whether your TV is on or off - and the dedicated power supply helps ensure the camera is ready for a call. The Logitech TV Cam HD provides four microphones to help reduce noise and echoes for enhanced audio quality.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech TV Cam HD is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning in August and September 2012, respectively, for a suggested retail price of $199.99. For more information please visit http://www.logitech.com or visit Logitech's blog.
Latest News Posts
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- Report: Mega Man movie gets greenlit by Fox
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015