Futuremark is proud to announce that Acer Incorporated (TPE:2353), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) and SingTel-Optus have joined its Benchmark Development Program to create a new 3DMark gaming benchmark for Android-based tablets and smartphones. The Futuremark Benchmark Development Program gathers input and expertise from the world's best and most technologically advanced companies to create industry standard benchmarks for performance measurement. 3DMark for Android is expected to be released later this year. http://www.3dmark.com/
Jukka Mäkinen, Futuremark CEO said, "For more than ten years we have worked with the world's leading PC hardware manufacturers to create 3DMark and PCMark. As a result, Futuremark benchmarks are the industry standard for PC performance measurement used by hundreds of press publications and millions of end-users. As we bring 3DMark to Android, we are excited to expand our cooperation to include Acer, Intel, Qualcomm and SingTel-Optus, technology leaders who will bring unparalleled insight, experience and vision to the development of 3DMark for Android."
Launching later this year, 3DMark for Android will measure gaming performance using graphics rendering, CPU and physics tests with stunning real-time graphics that will push OpenGL ES2.0 to the limit. The results from 3DMark for Android will be comparable to the results from the new 3DMark for Windows, also to be released later this year.
Wason Shyu, AVP, ADC BU, RD Center, Acer said, "As one of the top volume consumer electronics and notebook PC companies in the world, we use 3DMark to analyze performance in an objective and scientific manner. This assists in providing our customers with products of the very highest quality that are ready for the most demanding tasks, whether it is exacting physics computations or the purest video game experiences."
Shervin Kheradpir, General Manager of Intel's Platform Evaluation & Analysis said "Intel is committed to providing feedback and assistance in the development of tools that intend to evaluate user experience and performance of computing products. Whether we participate in a formal consortium or in the Futuremark Benchmark Development Program we are glad to be part of groups seeking to modernize measurement methods that can keep pace with the rapidly evolving computing industry. We are pleased to see Futuremark bring 3DMark to the Android operating system."
Tim Leland, Director of Product Management at Qualcomm said, "As the leader in mobile GPU shipments last year with its Snapdragon processors, Qualcomm values impartial measurement of graphics performance. By joining the 3DMark for Android Benchmark Development Program, we're glad to be working with Futuremark and the other members of the Program to help ensure that the resulting benchmarks are representative of future, real-world 3D graphics content for Android smartphones and tablets."
Futuremark's Benchmark Development Program is an initiative for building partnerships with leading hardware and technology manufacturers. Members include AMD, Imagination Technologies, Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Samsung and many other world class companies. An open process of close co-operation helps Futuremark create high-quality, impartial benchmarks that set the industry standard for performance measurement. Find out more at http://www.futuremark.com/bdp/.
3DMark for Android is currently in development and is expected to be released later this year. Follow Futuremark on Facebook for the latest 3DMark news http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark or visit http://www.futuremark.com.
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20