TP-Link, a global provider of networking products, has released its 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800), which allows users to connect a desktop computer to a wireless network to access a high-speed wireless network connection.
The adapter complies with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n and can access the 2.4GHz or 5GHz channels to provide wireless speeds of up to 450Mbps. The speed is ideal for users seeking a highly robust, bandwidth intensive wireless networking experience for HD video streaming and online gaming.
Dual Band technology allows users to connect with a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network. This allows you to check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band or stream HD movies and other media on the 5GHz band. The 5GHz band provides a distinct advantage because unlike the crowded 2.4GHz band, which is shared with microwaves, cordless phones and other wireless networks, the 5GHz band has much less interference and can provide a more stable wireless signal.
Both the adapter's 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands support the maximum speed of up to 450Mbps, which generates a maximum theoretical wireless throughput. Also included are three antennas to increase wireless performance and stability. Advanced security features such as WPA/WPA2 encryption standards ensure your wireless connection is safe from intruders.
TL-WDN4800 comes with a CD utility that makes setting up a network so easy that even for novice users should be up and running in minutes. MSRP of the TL-WDN4800 is $44.99.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse