Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today announced the availability of the highly anticipated XBMC test-build for the XIOS DS Media Play.
As the official developer sponsor for XBMC, Pivos has made a splash in the home media space last week with the soon to be release XBMC Media Center add-on for its Android 4.0 powered XIOS DS Media Play. The highly anticipated add-on is a result of an extended joint development between the two companies.
"As inexpensive multi-purpose embedded devices begin finding their way into more and more consumer living-rooms, we wanted to offer something to set us apart from the vanilla options out there, and XBMC was the obvious choice for a full media experience", said Jack Chen, Chief of Operations at Pivos. "Our development effort on XBMC had yielded far more impressive results on our hardware platform. By engaging the open source community and sponsoring their effort can help continue expanding the possibilities."
The Pivos XIOS DS is world's first Android based media center device supporting XBMC. The combination of the two makes it one of the most powerful media center available to market. Developed specifically for XIOS DS's, the add-on will be featuring full hardware video and audio acceleration with support of all popular video and audio playbacks.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes