Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today announced the availability of the highly anticipated XBMC test-build for the XIOS DS Media Play.
As the official developer sponsor for XBMC, Pivos has made a splash in the home media space last week with the soon to be release XBMC Media Center add-on for its Android 4.0 powered XIOS DS Media Play. The highly anticipated add-on is a result of an extended joint development between the two companies.
"As inexpensive multi-purpose embedded devices begin finding their way into more and more consumer living-rooms, we wanted to offer something to set us apart from the vanilla options out there, and XBMC was the obvious choice for a full media experience", said Jack Chen, Chief of Operations at Pivos. "Our development effort on XBMC had yielded far more impressive results on our hardware platform. By engaging the open source community and sponsoring their effort can help continue expanding the possibilities."
The Pivos XIOS DS is world's first Android based media center device supporting XBMC. The combination of the two makes it one of the most powerful media center available to market. Developed specifically for XIOS DS's, the add-on will be featuring full hardware video and audio acceleration with support of all popular video and audio playbacks.
Latest News Posts
- LG H840 spotted on GFXBench, rocks 5.3-inch QHD display, 3GB RAM
- More Xbox One exclusives are coming, says Microsoft
- MS on broken Quantum Break promises: we want to bring gamers together
- What if Microsoft uses Steam to power PC to Xbox game streaming?
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- ViewSonic 27-inch 4K LED Monitor (VP2780-4K) Review
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Arctic Announces the P533 Series Gaming Headsets
- Intel to Bring the Best in Gaming to the World Stage at Intel Extreme Masters
- Western Digital Board Declares Dividend For Third Quarter Of Fiscal 2016
- AMD Increases Notebook Market Traction
- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti VR Edition Starts Selling