Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today announced the availability of the highly anticipated XBMC test-build for the XIOS DS Media Play.
As the official developer sponsor for XBMC, Pivos has made a splash in the home media space last week with the soon to be release XBMC Media Center add-on for its Android 4.0 powered XIOS DS Media Play. The highly anticipated add-on is a result of an extended joint development between the two companies.
"As inexpensive multi-purpose embedded devices begin finding their way into more and more consumer living-rooms, we wanted to offer something to set us apart from the vanilla options out there, and XBMC was the obvious choice for a full media experience", said Jack Chen, Chief of Operations at Pivos. "Our development effort on XBMC had yielded far more impressive results on our hardware platform. By engaging the open source community and sponsoring their effort can help continue expanding the possibilities."
The Pivos XIOS DS is world's first Android based media center device supporting XBMC. The combination of the two makes it one of the most powerful media center available to market. Developed specifically for XIOS DS's, the add-on will be featuring full hardware video and audio acceleration with support of all popular video and audio playbacks.
Latest News Posts
- Sony announces it has sold over 20 million PlayStation 4 consoles
- Valve announces Steam Link, to extend Steam anywhere in your house
- 'Independence Day 2' casts Jeff Goldblum and Liam Hemsworth
- AT&T wants connected homes and vehicles to better communicate
- Unity 5 announced, will be royalty free as a 'Personal Edition'
- Fatality fm2a88x + killer?
- IOMMU support on AMD Motherboards
- iPad Charge Problem
- VisionTek DataVault 3S Interlocking Stackable Storage Case Review
- Backup /Restore for W7 - exit strategy for WHS 2011
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams