Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today announced the availability of the highly anticipated XBMC test-build for the XIOS DS Media Play.
As the official developer sponsor for XBMC, Pivos has made a splash in the home media space last week with the soon to be release XBMC Media Center add-on for its Android 4.0 powered XIOS DS Media Play. The highly anticipated add-on is a result of an extended joint development between the two companies.
"As inexpensive multi-purpose embedded devices begin finding their way into more and more consumer living-rooms, we wanted to offer something to set us apart from the vanilla options out there, and XBMC was the obvious choice for a full media experience", said Jack Chen, Chief of Operations at Pivos. "Our development effort on XBMC had yielded far more impressive results on our hardware platform. By engaging the open source community and sponsoring their effort can help continue expanding the possibilities."
The Pivos XIOS DS is world's first Android based media center device supporting XBMC. The combination of the two makes it one of the most powerful media center available to market. Developed specifically for XIOS DS's, the add-on will be featuring full hardware video and audio acceleration with support of all popular video and audio playbacks.
Latest News Posts
- Google eyeing off massive new complex in San Jose
- World of Tanks running on Xbox One X at 4K
- Uber CEO resigns after months of controversy
- LA Noire might get remastered with first-person, VR mode
- Lenovo teases notebook with flexible display
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Lenovo ThinkStation P910 Workstation PC Review
- Ethereum mining @ 1GH/s: 40 x GPUs = $5000 per month
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced