Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today announced the availability of the highly anticipated XBMC test-build for the XIOS DS Media Play.
As the official developer sponsor for XBMC, Pivos has made a splash in the home media space last week with the soon to be release XBMC Media Center add-on for its Android 4.0 powered XIOS DS Media Play. The highly anticipated add-on is a result of an extended joint development between the two companies.
"As inexpensive multi-purpose embedded devices begin finding their way into more and more consumer living-rooms, we wanted to offer something to set us apart from the vanilla options out there, and XBMC was the obvious choice for a full media experience", said Jack Chen, Chief of Operations at Pivos. "Our development effort on XBMC had yielded far more impressive results on our hardware platform. By engaging the open source community and sponsoring their effort can help continue expanding the possibilities."
The Pivos XIOS DS is world's first Android based media center device supporting XBMC. The combination of the two makes it one of the most powerful media center available to market. Developed specifically for XIOS DS's, the add-on will be featuring full hardware video and audio acceleration with support of all popular video and audio playbacks.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience