Billion Electric Co., Ltd. (Taiex: 3027, trading as Billion), a leading Asia Pacific-based provider in communications, smart grid and smart energy management solutions, successfully collaborates with Tatung, a well-known system integrator in Taiwan, to pass the trial of low-voltage smart grid AMI system of Taiwan Power Company (Taipower) and then successfully win over the procurement tender of Taipower.
Billion has cumulated core competence and practical in-field experience for years especially in the area of indoor and outdoor PLC techniques. In this tender, Billion fully participates in and accomplished the trial of low-voltage smart grid AMI system of Taipower, further integrating the PLC technique with smart metering and concentrator, and even has an important significance by applying communication technique to the smart grid applications. Billion indicates that in the foreseeable future they will continue cooperating with system integrators and smart metering manufacturers seamlessly and serving superior PLC-related products and services, to strive for subsequent potential opportunities and orders of settling up smart grid solutions for approximate six million households in Taiwan.
Under this tender, Billion fully exerts its superiority in broadband PLC technique. The speed of meter-reading applying for broadband AMI system is several times faster than for narrowband wired and wireless techniques, further allowing the electric power companies being available for real-time smart grid application scenarios such as Demand Response, Time-of-Use (TOU), Distribution Automation, Home Energy Management, high-speed firmware upgrade and so on.
Billion Smart Grid AMI Solutions include a series of broadband AMI products such as AMI Module, LV End Point, MV Repeater and MV Head End. Besides, combined with IEEE 802.11 Mesh wireless broadband technique, Billion provides utility companies with a wide range of hybrid smart grid solutions. In addition to broadband AMI solutions, Billion also delivers narrowband PLC products to specific utility companies because of distinct regulations and business case aspects. Through Billion's across-the-board AMI systems, electric power companies will be able to collect varies kinds of electrical information for analyzing to level up electrical efficiency and reliability, further diminishing the consuming of energy.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky sales fall by a massive 81% in the UK
- Fans recreate Overwatch Plays of the Game in real life
- NVIDIA's GP100 die shot teases Pascal, NVLink and HBM2
- Massachusetts first state to tax Uber, Lyft
- Resident Evil 7 producer: combat is 'really important'
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G Graphics Card Review
- asrock z97 extreme4 issue
- ASUSTOR AS6208T Eight-Bay SMB NAS Review
- GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming and Intel 750 400GB SSD on the U.2 port, high CPU usage in windows at idle.
- Z170X-Gaming 7 , Front panel headers only working at 2.0
- Sony in-car audio takes the driver's seat with smartphone connectivity
- Cherry announces the MC 4000 precision gaming mouse
- GIGABYTE releases GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards with 3GB memory
- Sharkoon announces the DG7000-G Mid-tower Chassis
- Inno3D unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 3GB video cards