Billion Electric Co., Ltd. (Taiex: 3027, trading as Billion), a leading Asia Pacific-based provider in communications, smart grid and smart energy management solutions, successfully collaborates with Tatung, a well-known system integrator in Taiwan, to pass the trial of low-voltage smart grid AMI system of Taiwan Power Company (Taipower) and then successfully win over the procurement tender of Taipower.
Billion has cumulated core competence and practical in-field experience for years especially in the area of indoor and outdoor PLC techniques. In this tender, Billion fully participates in and accomplished the trial of low-voltage smart grid AMI system of Taipower, further integrating the PLC technique with smart metering and concentrator, and even has an important significance by applying communication technique to the smart grid applications. Billion indicates that in the foreseeable future they will continue cooperating with system integrators and smart metering manufacturers seamlessly and serving superior PLC-related products and services, to strive for subsequent potential opportunities and orders of settling up smart grid solutions for approximate six million households in Taiwan.
Under this tender, Billion fully exerts its superiority in broadband PLC technique. The speed of meter-reading applying for broadband AMI system is several times faster than for narrowband wired and wireless techniques, further allowing the electric power companies being available for real-time smart grid application scenarios such as Demand Response, Time-of-Use (TOU), Distribution Automation, Home Energy Management, high-speed firmware upgrade and so on.
Billion Smart Grid AMI Solutions include a series of broadband AMI products such as AMI Module, LV End Point, MV Repeater and MV Head End. Besides, combined with IEEE 802.11 Mesh wireless broadband technique, Billion provides utility companies with a wide range of hybrid smart grid solutions. In addition to broadband AMI solutions, Billion also delivers narrowband PLC products to specific utility companies because of distinct regulations and business case aspects. Through Billion's across-the-board AMI systems, electric power companies will be able to collect varies kinds of electrical information for analyzing to level up electrical efficiency and reliability, further diminishing the consuming of energy.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand