Infortrend today announced the North American availability of two new product lines in its EonNAS family of unified storage solutions, the EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 Series. Although NAS is fast becoming the storage solution of choice for the SOHO and SMB markets, when it comes to data protection, current offerings from other brands come up short. Infortrend's new EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 Series, running on ZFS file system fill this void by offering an unprecedented collection of advanced data protection features -- including data deduplication, corrupt data self-healing, snapshot and pool mirror -- bringing enterprise-level data protection and storage features to the SOHO and SMB markets.
Simple to deploy and use, Infortrend's new solutions feature comprehensive protocol support to enable users to serve file-based and block-based applications with a single device and achieve easy file sharing among Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix workstations in the office.
Data deduplication can benefit a great number of applications, in particular backup and virtualization applications. With storage space savings of up to 90 percent, the technology enables users to achieve significant cost reductions. Resource utilization on EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 systems is further enhanced by thin provisioning technology and data compression.
Corrupt data self-healing is initiated when the EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 series identifies the wrong data in RAID configuration, identifies the correct data, repairs then returns the correct data. In addition to corrupt data self-healing, data is protected by many other features. Snapshots offer space-efficient differential data copies to quickly rollback data or restore files in the event of data errors. With remote replication, users can replicate data in asynchronous mode to another EonNAS Pro or EonNAS 1000 system or third-party device, while the pool mirror function allows users to keep data in two different EonNAS Pro or EonNAS 1000 systems fully synced at all times.
Various data backup options are also available. PC data can be backed up to the EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 systems through third-party backup software support, while EonNAS data can be backed up to external disk drives via USB or eSATA connections.
The superior performance levels offered by the EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 systems ensure that users can efficiently deal with demanding applications. For each network protocol, the EonNAS solutions deliver performance of more than 100MB/s, and in FTP environments, users can achieve up to 180MB/s.
William Chen, director of the EonNAS product line for Infortrend, noted, "The unprecedented collection of advanced data protection features available on the new systems is what truly sets them apart. The EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 Series are designed to bridge the gap th
Latest News Posts
- Musk shows capabilities of the new self-driving hardware
- Landing on Mars didn't go as planned
- Xiaomi sells a million phones in India in 18 days
- Razer Blade Pro laptop rocks GTX 1080, 4K G-Sync display
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- How do i contact the moderators?
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package