LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced that its 12Gb/s SAS technology has been selected by Xyratex to power its next-generation storage systems. Xyratex will include the LSI® 12Gb/s I/O controller and expander, featuring DataBolt technology, to provide customers with leading-edge solutions to handle the scale and performance requirements brought on by rapidly growing storage demands.
The explosive growth of data volume in cloud and enterprise datacenters is driving the need for a higher-performance storage interface that enhances the ability of critical applications to rapidly access data. LSI 12Gb/s SAS addresses this challenge by doubling the performance of current 6Gb/s SAS-based systems, delivering the necessary performance to unlock the full potential of PCI Express® 3.0-based systems and the most recent solid-state storage solutions.
"Xyratex is pleased to enhance our relationship with LSI by selecting their I/O controller, expander and DataBolt technology for inclusion in our next-generation 12Gb/s platforms. This technology ensures optimal performance and efficiency for our customers and allows them to easily grow and scale their design requirements," said Ahmed Shihab, senior vice president, Business Line Management, Xyratex. "Xyratex closely collaborated with LSI to develop the ability to use 12Gb/s SAS technology within our enclosures while delivering the necessary performance and I/O bandwidth required by our datacenter and cloud-based service customers."
LSI 12Gb/s SAS solutions include DataBolt bandwidth optimizer technology, a performance acceleration feature that allows users to take advantage of 12Gb/s speeds with existing 6Gb/s drive infrastructure. LSI and Xyratex demonstrated the benefits of 12Gb/s SAS using DataBolt technology in June at the SCSI Trade Association Showcase.
"Today's growing storage performance needs are driven by everything from consumer video to enterprise applications, and LSI's 12Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0 delivers the performance and bandwidth required to enhance the IT infrastructure powering these services," said Kelly Bryant, vice president of marketing, RAID Storage Division, LSI. "LSI solutions with DataBolt technology and PCIe 3.0 will enable Xyratex to deliver powerful, high-performance storage systems that can scale and grow to meet the needs of data-intensive applications."
LSI is currently sampling its 12Gb/s SAS technology to OEMs. According to Shihab, Xyratex expects to deliver its first storage systems that include LSI 12Gb/s SAS technology later this year.
To learn more about LSI 12Gb/s SAS technology, visit the LSI 12Gb/s SAS information page.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio