LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced that its 12Gb/s SAS technology has been selected by Xyratex to power its next-generation storage systems. Xyratex will include the LSI® 12Gb/s I/O controller and expander, featuring DataBolt technology, to provide customers with leading-edge solutions to handle the scale and performance requirements brought on by rapidly growing storage demands.
The explosive growth of data volume in cloud and enterprise datacenters is driving the need for a higher-performance storage interface that enhances the ability of critical applications to rapidly access data. LSI 12Gb/s SAS addresses this challenge by doubling the performance of current 6Gb/s SAS-based systems, delivering the necessary performance to unlock the full potential of PCI Express® 3.0-based systems and the most recent solid-state storage solutions.
"Xyratex is pleased to enhance our relationship with LSI by selecting their I/O controller, expander and DataBolt technology for inclusion in our next-generation 12Gb/s platforms. This technology ensures optimal performance and efficiency for our customers and allows them to easily grow and scale their design requirements," said Ahmed Shihab, senior vice president, Business Line Management, Xyratex. "Xyratex closely collaborated with LSI to develop the ability to use 12Gb/s SAS technology within our enclosures while delivering the necessary performance and I/O bandwidth required by our datacenter and cloud-based service customers."
LSI 12Gb/s SAS solutions include DataBolt bandwidth optimizer technology, a performance acceleration feature that allows users to take advantage of 12Gb/s speeds with existing 6Gb/s drive infrastructure. LSI and Xyratex demonstrated the benefits of 12Gb/s SAS using DataBolt technology in June at the SCSI Trade Association Showcase.
"Today's growing storage performance needs are driven by everything from consumer video to enterprise applications, and LSI's 12Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0 delivers the performance and bandwidth required to enhance the IT infrastructure powering these services," said Kelly Bryant, vice president of marketing, RAID Storage Division, LSI. "LSI solutions with DataBolt technology and PCIe 3.0 will enable Xyratex to deliver powerful, high-performance storage systems that can scale and grow to meet the needs of data-intensive applications."
LSI is currently sampling its 12Gb/s SAS technology to OEMs. According to Shihab, Xyratex expects to deliver its first storage systems that include LSI 12Gb/s SAS technology later this year.
To learn more about LSI 12Gb/s SAS technology, visit the LSI 12Gb/s SAS information page.
Latest News Posts
- Hackers hijacking your webcam and finding ways to profit from it
- Fly a drone near the fire? County offering cash reward to find you
- Man using drone to perv has it shot down by Kentucky man with shotgun
- TechPowerUp pushes updated GPU-Z v0.8.5
- MSI pushes the pre-built GTX 760 toting Nightblade MI PC to market
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia