Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the immediate availability of the Crucial m4 mSATA Solid State Drive (SSD), designed primarily to address the rapidly emerging Ultrabook category and deliver powerful, proven performance for systems where space is at a premium.
The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD delivers the award-winning performance and reliability of the Crucial m4 SSD in a drive one eighth the size. Because of its tiny mSATA form factor, the Crucial m4 mSATA SSD can be mounted to an mSATA-enabled motherboard to serve as a primary storage in ultrathin laptops or act as a cache to complement the performance of an existing hard drive. Available in 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB capacities with MSRPs of $52.99, $80.99, $121.99, and $225.99, respectively, the Crucial m4 mSATA SSD can be purchased now through select global channel partners, or directly at http://www.crucial.com.
The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD features sequential read speeds up to 500 MB per second and offers inherent power savings, travel-worthy durability, validation for Intel Smart Response technology and Dataplex caching software from NVELO. The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD joins the Crucial m4 SSD and the Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution as part of the award-winning Crucial SSD portfolio.
"With the rapid growth in ultrathin laptops and the adoption of smaller system builds, consumers are increasingly in need of SSD performance in a smaller form factor. The Crucial m4 mSATA is designed for users who want the flexibility that a micro-sized SSD offers," said Robert Wheadon, senior worldwide product manager, Crucial. "In a form factor that's about a third the size of your business card, the Crucial mSATA SSD can also be used as a standalone SSD or as a cache for an existing drive."
Featuring the same advanced controller technology, Micron custom firmware, and high-speed synchronous MLC NAND that have made the Crucial m4 SSD a mainstay, the Crucial m4 mSATA SSD is engineered to deliver the same blazing-fast performance. The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD leverages the industry-leading memory, design, and manufacturing capability of Micron Technology and is backed by a limited three-year warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched