Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the immediate availability of the Crucial m4 mSATA Solid State Drive (SSD), designed primarily to address the rapidly emerging Ultrabook category and deliver powerful, proven performance for systems where space is at a premium.
The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD delivers the award-winning performance and reliability of the Crucial m4 SSD in a drive one eighth the size. Because of its tiny mSATA form factor, the Crucial m4 mSATA SSD can be mounted to an mSATA-enabled motherboard to serve as a primary storage in ultrathin laptops or act as a cache to complement the performance of an existing hard drive. Available in 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB capacities with MSRPs of $52.99, $80.99, $121.99, and $225.99, respectively, the Crucial m4 mSATA SSD can be purchased now through select global channel partners, or directly at http://www.crucial.com.
The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD features sequential read speeds up to 500 MB per second and offers inherent power savings, travel-worthy durability, validation for Intel Smart Response technology and Dataplex caching software from NVELO. The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD joins the Crucial m4 SSD and the Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution as part of the award-winning Crucial SSD portfolio.
"With the rapid growth in ultrathin laptops and the adoption of smaller system builds, consumers are increasingly in need of SSD performance in a smaller form factor. The Crucial m4 mSATA is designed for users who want the flexibility that a micro-sized SSD offers," said Robert Wheadon, senior worldwide product manager, Crucial. "In a form factor that's about a third the size of your business card, the Crucial mSATA SSD can also be used as a standalone SSD or as a cache for an existing drive."
Featuring the same advanced controller technology, Micron custom firmware, and high-speed synchronous MLC NAND that have made the Crucial m4 SSD a mainstay, the Crucial m4 mSATA SSD is engineered to deliver the same blazing-fast performance. The Crucial m4 mSATA SSD leverages the industry-leading memory, design, and manufacturing capability of Micron Technology and is backed by a limited three-year warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Jon Rettinger: Apple is 'boring', 'stopped innovating years ago'
- Carpool Karaoke fan? Yeah, Apple signs 16 episodes for Apple Music
- Kickstart a lucrative tech career with 1000+ online courses
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games now on PC, overpriced, poorly ported
- Nintendo NX might be transforming hybrid handheld, not a console
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio