Why is July 11th 2012 a big day for Western Digital and the storage industry? The reason is exciting; the data storage expert is to launch, on that day, their new line of product, the Red drives. Bringing to the market a drive made especially for NAS devices, WD Red drives combine with a Thecus NAS will show the storage world what digital data is all about.
WD Red hard drives are designed specifically for NAS systems that range from 1 to 5 bays. The drives are designed and extensively tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 demanding system requirements of home and small office NAS. Already tested by Thecus engineers, the Red series have passed the test with many of our devices. As announced at the launch, the NAS listed below were showing great performances with the Red HDD mounted inside:
Specifications: SATA 6 GB/S interface, width of 3.5" and height of 1", Rotational speed managed by IntelliPower. With a current capacity range of 1TB, 2TB and 3TB, the 3.5" SATA Red HDD combine with the latest series of Thecus NAS, the Vision series (N2800, N4800 and N5550), the users could reach a total storage pool of 6, 12 and 15TBs. And that is not counting the external hard drives that can be added to the NAS through their complete connectivity of USB 3.0 or eSATA ports.
"The compatibility of Thecus NAS with the new and dynamic WD Red HDDs is excellent news for all," said Florence Shih, general manager of Thecus. "To realize this vision, users can experience firsthand, true power and performance. Ultimately, the congruency among WD Red hard drives with Thecus NAS brings great opportunities to the storage industry."
The two latest devices from the Thecus Vision series, the N4800 and the N5550, are of course compatible with the Red HDD. The 4 bay and 5 bay NAS are both design and oriented towards multimedia applications. The two devices feature an HDMI output, which means that the users can directly stream movies, photos or music stored on their WD Red HDD to their HDTV screen. And with the SATA 6 Gb/s interface of the Red HDD compatible with the Thecus NAS; the users can be assured fast transfer and smooth streaming
Finally, the NAS exclusive WD Red, part of the WD's complete lineup of internal hard drives, is warmly welcomed in the compatibility list. Thecus is proud to be able to support this NAS only and energy efficient HDD.
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis