Why is July 11th 2012 a big day for Western Digital and the storage industry? The reason is exciting; the data storage expert is to launch, on that day, their new line of product, the Red drives. Bringing to the market a drive made especially for NAS devices, WD Red drives combine with a Thecus NAS will show the storage world what digital data is all about.
WD Red hard drives are designed specifically for NAS systems that range from 1 to 5 bays. The drives are designed and extensively tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 demanding system requirements of home and small office NAS. Already tested by Thecus engineers, the Red series have passed the test with many of our devices. As announced at the launch, the NAS listed below were showing great performances with the Red HDD mounted inside:
Specifications: SATA 6 GB/S interface, width of 3.5" and height of 1", Rotational speed managed by IntelliPower. With a current capacity range of 1TB, 2TB and 3TB, the 3.5" SATA Red HDD combine with the latest series of Thecus NAS, the Vision series (N2800, N4800 and N5550), the users could reach a total storage pool of 6, 12 and 15TBs. And that is not counting the external hard drives that can be added to the NAS through their complete connectivity of USB 3.0 or eSATA ports.
"The compatibility of Thecus NAS with the new and dynamic WD Red HDDs is excellent news for all," said Florence Shih, general manager of Thecus. "To realize this vision, users can experience firsthand, true power and performance. Ultimately, the congruency among WD Red hard drives with Thecus NAS brings great opportunities to the storage industry."
The two latest devices from the Thecus Vision series, the N4800 and the N5550, are of course compatible with the Red HDD. The 4 bay and 5 bay NAS are both design and oriented towards multimedia applications. The two devices feature an HDMI output, which means that the users can directly stream movies, photos or music stored on their WD Red HDD to their HDTV screen. And with the SATA 6 Gb/s interface of the Red HDD compatible with the Thecus NAS; the users can be assured fast transfer and smooth streaming
Finally, the NAS exclusive WD Red, part of the WD's complete lineup of internal hard drives, is warmly welcomed in the compatibility list. Thecus is proud to be able to support this NAS only and energy efficient HDD.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- Australia's biggest mobile telco Telstra hit by nation-wide outages
- iPhones being permanently bricked by 'Error 53'
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance