Why is July 11th 2012 a big day for Western Digital and the storage industry? The reason is exciting; the data storage expert is to launch, on that day, their new line of product, the Red drives. Bringing to the market a drive made especially for NAS devices, WD Red drives combine with a Thecus NAS will show the storage world what digital data is all about.
WD Red hard drives are designed specifically for NAS systems that range from 1 to 5 bays. The drives are designed and extensively tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 demanding system requirements of home and small office NAS. Already tested by Thecus engineers, the Red series have passed the test with many of our devices. As announced at the launch, the NAS listed below were showing great performances with the Red HDD mounted inside:
Specifications: SATA 6 GB/S interface, width of 3.5" and height of 1", Rotational speed managed by IntelliPower. With a current capacity range of 1TB, 2TB and 3TB, the 3.5" SATA Red HDD combine with the latest series of Thecus NAS, the Vision series (N2800, N4800 and N5550), the users could reach a total storage pool of 6, 12 and 15TBs. And that is not counting the external hard drives that can be added to the NAS through their complete connectivity of USB 3.0 or eSATA ports.
"The compatibility of Thecus NAS with the new and dynamic WD Red HDDs is excellent news for all," said Florence Shih, general manager of Thecus. "To realize this vision, users can experience firsthand, true power and performance. Ultimately, the congruency among WD Red hard drives with Thecus NAS brings great opportunities to the storage industry."
The two latest devices from the Thecus Vision series, the N4800 and the N5550, are of course compatible with the Red HDD. The 4 bay and 5 bay NAS are both design and oriented towards multimedia applications. The two devices feature an HDMI output, which means that the users can directly stream movies, photos or music stored on their WD Red HDD to their HDTV screen. And with the SATA 6 Gb/s interface of the Red HDD compatible with the Thecus NAS; the users can be assured fast transfer and smooth streaming
Finally, the NAS exclusive WD Red, part of the WD's complete lineup of internal hard drives, is warmly welcomed in the compatibility list. Thecus is proud to be able to support this NAS only and energy efficient HDD.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni