Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today introduced XIOS DS Media Play. The new generation Smart TV companion offers unprecedented performance and massive applications for today's digital entertainment. Powered by ARM Cortex A9 operating at 800MHz clock speed and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the ultra slim smart TV companion is the most impressive middle ware solution at its weight class.
"The switch from our popular MIPS based architecture to ARM Cortex platform has proven a great transition for us. Not only has it completed the Android offering by providing a significant amount of performance boosts, but it also allowed us to shrink everything into an ultra slim package at only 0.6 inch thickness without hindering the performance or sacrificing in features" says Jack Chen, Chief of Operations. "In addition, the XIOS DS can be upgradable to our upcoming Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware, which allows our customers to enjoy more robust and feature rich user experience down the road."
Measured only at 170 grams in weight, the XIOS DS is one of the world's smallest smart TV companion. Supporting full 1080p playback, digital surround sound, expandable memory storage, USB connectivity, Ethernet and built in 802.11b/g/n WiFi, this little marvel makes one of the highest performing middle ware in its weight class. MSRP at $114.99, the XIOS DS Media Player will launched in later May at Newegg.com, Amazon.com, Tigerdirect.com, NCIX.com, Canadacomputers.com and all other major etail and retail locations.
In addition, Pivos will also be shipping "Sense", an optional gyroscopic 2.4GHz wireless remote that is designed to complement its Android based smart TV companion. The optional accessory can be purchased separately at select reseller locations.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup