Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today introduced XIOS DS Media Play. The new generation Smart TV companion offers unprecedented performance and massive applications for today's digital entertainment. Powered by ARM Cortex A9 operating at 800MHz clock speed and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the ultra slim smart TV companion is the most impressive middle ware solution at its weight class.
"The switch from our popular MIPS based architecture to ARM Cortex platform has proven a great transition for us. Not only has it completed the Android offering by providing a significant amount of performance boosts, but it also allowed us to shrink everything into an ultra slim package at only 0.6 inch thickness without hindering the performance or sacrificing in features" says Jack Chen, Chief of Operations. "In addition, the XIOS DS can be upgradable to our upcoming Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware, which allows our customers to enjoy more robust and feature rich user experience down the road."
Measured only at 170 grams in weight, the XIOS DS is one of the world's smallest smart TV companion. Supporting full 1080p playback, digital surround sound, expandable memory storage, USB connectivity, Ethernet and built in 802.11b/g/n WiFi, this little marvel makes one of the highest performing middle ware in its weight class. MSRP at $114.99, the XIOS DS Media Player will launched in later May at Newegg.com, Amazon.com, Tigerdirect.com, NCIX.com, Canadacomputers.com and all other major etail and retail locations.
In addition, Pivos will also be shipping "Sense", an optional gyroscopic 2.4GHz wireless remote that is designed to complement its Android based smart TV companion. The optional accessory can be purchased separately at select reseller locations.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio