Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues to expand its line of USB-powered computer speakers with the introduction of the S-MM251. The new model offers a built-in audio DAC and a cool bass-reflex enclosure designed to enhance lower bass frequencies. The S-MM251 is designed to connect quickly to virtually any laptop computer, delivering significantly increased audio output and better sound quality.
"With more consumers watching movies and listening to music on their laptop computers, we think the sound level from the laptop should match the demands of these sources," said Chris Walker, director AV marketing and product planning for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. "The new S-MM251 not only improves audio output, but it's also very convenient to use with a simple plug-in through a USB port, without the need for AC power or batteries."
The S-MM251 has a modern form factor that resembles small domes, and features 1.75-inch metal drivers and control buttons for volume up, volume down and mute. For increased low frequency response, the speakers use bass-reflex enclosures. The speakers are connected and powered using an included USB cable, and the integrated blue LED in front of each speaker indicates a proper connection. Its built-in audio digital-to-analog-converter (DAC) ensures high quality sound with plenty of power.
Not much larger than a coffee cup, the S-MM251 is extremely compact and easy to transport, making it ideal for travel. The S-MM251 is available in black as well as a silver version designed to complement the color of Apple's highly popular MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers.
The Pioneer S-MM251 will be available in July with a suggested retail price of $79.99.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse