Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues to expand its line of USB-powered computer speakers with the introduction of the S-MM251. The new model offers a built-in audio DAC and a cool bass-reflex enclosure designed to enhance lower bass frequencies. The S-MM251 is designed to connect quickly to virtually any laptop computer, delivering significantly increased audio output and better sound quality.
"With more consumers watching movies and listening to music on their laptop computers, we think the sound level from the laptop should match the demands of these sources," said Chris Walker, director AV marketing and product planning for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. "The new S-MM251 not only improves audio output, but it's also very convenient to use with a simple plug-in through a USB port, without the need for AC power or batteries."
The S-MM251 has a modern form factor that resembles small domes, and features 1.75-inch metal drivers and control buttons for volume up, volume down and mute. For increased low frequency response, the speakers use bass-reflex enclosures. The speakers are connected and powered using an included USB cable, and the integrated blue LED in front of each speaker indicates a proper connection. Its built-in audio digital-to-analog-converter (DAC) ensures high quality sound with plenty of power.
Not much larger than a coffee cup, the S-MM251 is extremely compact and easy to transport, making it ideal for travel. The S-MM251 is available in black as well as a silver version designed to complement the color of Apple's highly popular MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers.
The Pioneer S-MM251 will be available in July with a suggested retail price of $79.99.
Latest News Posts
- New mod transforms GTA V into a RPG, thanks to modder Logic Spawn
- 3 Reasons Your Car Needs This Essential Gadget
- Could social media eventually turn on the Islamic State?
- Guest stole $35k of stuff from San Francisco Airbnb host
- The Arkansas Governor's URL now points to a LGBT forum
- MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- AMD A-Series A10-7870K Kaveri Refresh APU Review
- BRIX (BXi3H-4010) Unable to install Win10
- Ga-z77x-ud3h via usb 3.0
- Help building new gaming PC
- Seagate Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Results
- IBASE Announces ASB200-908 IPC
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth