Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues to expand its line of USB-powered computer speakers with the introduction of the S-MM251. The new model offers a built-in audio DAC and a cool bass-reflex enclosure designed to enhance lower bass frequencies. The S-MM251 is designed to connect quickly to virtually any laptop computer, delivering significantly increased audio output and better sound quality.
"With more consumers watching movies and listening to music on their laptop computers, we think the sound level from the laptop should match the demands of these sources," said Chris Walker, director AV marketing and product planning for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. "The new S-MM251 not only improves audio output, but it's also very convenient to use with a simple plug-in through a USB port, without the need for AC power or batteries."
The S-MM251 has a modern form factor that resembles small domes, and features 1.75-inch metal drivers and control buttons for volume up, volume down and mute. For increased low frequency response, the speakers use bass-reflex enclosures. The speakers are connected and powered using an included USB cable, and the integrated blue LED in front of each speaker indicates a proper connection. Its built-in audio digital-to-analog-converter (DAC) ensures high quality sound with plenty of power.
Not much larger than a coffee cup, the S-MM251 is extremely compact and easy to transport, making it ideal for travel. The S-MM251 is available in black as well as a silver version designed to complement the color of Apple's highly popular MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers.
The Pioneer S-MM251 will be available in July with a suggested retail price of $79.99.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio