AMD (AMD) today announced that Major League Baseball's (MLB) San Francisco Giants selected AMD as a technology partner. The Giants have recently installed 66 new AMD A-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU)-based HP TouchSmart 320m All-In-One (AIO) touchscreen systems at AT&T Park, which will be followed by deployments of other AMD-powered systems throughout the organization.
"Our technology partnership with the San Francisco Giants puts AMD in a great position to showcase the role AMD technology can play to help large organizations harness the trends around consumerization, the Cloud and convergence to drive their business," said Lisa Su, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Global Business Units. "From powering the front office infrastructure to the luxury suite experience at AT&T Park, AMD is ready to be a technology clean-up hitter for the Giants and their fans."
The Giants are presently using AMD technology to empower fans at AT&T Park to vote their favorite players into the National League's starting line-up for the upcoming MLB All-Star game on July 10. AIO desktops with touchscreens in all of the ballpark suites will be linked to the online MLB All-Star ballot allowing fans to quickly vote for their favorite Giants players.
"We are excited to have AMD power the technology behind the team," said Bill Schlough, chief information officer, San Francisco Giants. "Much like the Giants, AMD is committed to innovation. We believe AMD technology will position the Giants to build upon our winning on the field while continuing to deliver the ultimate fan experience at AT&T Park."
In addition to the AIO desktops in the luxury suites, the Giants front office will standardize on AMD-based desktops and notebooks over the course of the three-year agreement. The Giants also plan to install AMD Opteron-based servers in their data centers where appropriate.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A official: 16MP camera and low price
- Final Fantasy XV PC recommends GTX 1080 Ti
- Tomb Raider: native 4K on Xbox One X, high FPS mode
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience