Buffalo Launches New LinkStation Pro NAS, Gives iPhone Users More Access to Content
Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of wired and wireless networking, storage and memory solutions today announced the new, fully redesigned LinkStation Pro. As the answer to all your storage and sharing needs, this high performance NAS device allows iPhone owners to access their photos, videos, files, etc., via Buffalo's unique Web Access 2.0 feature. Web Access allows users to access data via a web browser from any computer.
As the latest addition to the award-winning LinkStation line of consumer NAS devices, the new LinkStation Pro comes equipped with a new, stylish chassis and faster processor for quick and easy file transfers and backups. With Web Access 2.0, iPhone users can conveniently download content stored on their home or office LinkStation Pro right to their iPhone, anytime, anywhere.
"As a leader in the NAS market, we are constantly reaching new heights both in performance and design," said Ken Higgins, vice president of sales at Buffalo Technology. "The LinkStation Pro is the epitome of our efforts, an all-around sleek and functional solution to fit all your network storage needs."
In addition to the most recent changes, the LinkStation Pro includes all the optimal features of its predecessor including two USB 2.0 ports, so users can attach a USB hard drive for additional storage, or two or more LinkStation Pro devices can be added to backup each other over the network. It also includes Active Directory Support and simplifies file backup and sharing with an easy setup without the need for drivers. Users can also control access to their content by setting group and user level security. Other features include Gigabit JumboFrame support and an auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port. Buffalo's LinkStation Pro is Windows and Macintosh compatible. The product offers minimal power consumption with its ability to automatically power on or off. For additional data protection, the LinkStation Pro includes Memeo AutoBackup software for Windows. It includes a Heat Sink chassis for cooling, which is ideal for stacking and space saving.
Pricing and Availability
The new LinkStation Pro is backed by a limited one-year warranty that includes toll-free 24/7 technical support and will be available in January at estimated street prices of $209.99 for the 500GB (LS-XH500L) and $299.99 for the 1TB (LS-XH1.0TL).
Latest News Posts
- Full PC with AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper starts at just $1699
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U spotted, new APU rocks Vega GPU tech
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Ryzen ThreadRipper delidded: half its CPU dies disabled
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers