Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of wired and wireless networking and network and direct attached storage solutions, today announced the availability of the MiniStation Thunderbolt / USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive. Demonstrated earlier this month at Computex in Taiwan, the MiniStation Thunderbolt is the world's first portable Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 dual-interface external drive solution. With the flexibility of either SuperSpeed USB 3.0 or a lighting fast Thunderbolt connection, the MiniStation Thunderbolt is ideal for PC and Mac users looking for the fastest interface speeds while preserving backward compatibility with existing devices that support USB 2.0.
"With the creation and transferring of digital content accelerating at ever increasing paces, protecting that data on the go continues to be a challenge for all types of users," said Brian Verenkoff, director of marketing at Buffalo Technology. "With the MiniStation Thunderbolt, consumers can now move or backup digital assets faster, simplify connections between devices, maintain compatibility with nearly any device and foster new and exciting ways to use portable storage."
Housed in a sleek aluminum body with a translucent frosted top, the MiniStation Thunderbolt features an indirect disk access LED indicator on the underside that tastefully illuminates its supporting surface. A stylish storage companion, the MiniStation Thunderbolt instantly adds capacity to any Mac or PC in addition to Time Machine to back up and protect Mac computers. Its bus-powered interface requires no additional cables so transporting data is hassle-free. The MiniStation Thunderbolt is a complete portable Thunderbolt storage solution that comes with a USB 3.0 cable and a Thunderbolt cable, normally sold separately on other Thunderbolt storage solutions. Simply plug it in to any available Thunderbolt or USB port on your Mac or PC and securely store files to take on the road.
The MiniStation Thunderbolt / USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive is the first to couple the ubiquitous 5 Gbps SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port for legacy support with the 10 Gbps Thunderbolt technology developed by Intel to deliver maximum interface speeds and compatibility. Delivering the fastest interface speeds available, it is perfect for those who manage large files such as creative professionals and multimedia enthusiasts.
Pricing and Availability
Buffalo's MiniStation Thunderbolt, available now for $199.99 for the 500GB (HD-PA500TU3) and $229.99 for the 1TB (HD-PA1.0TU3), is backed by a limited three-year warranty that includes toll-free 24/7 technical support. Buffalo products can be purchased through distributors, online resellers and Buffalo's website.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III secures publishing deal with Deep Silver
- Elite Dangerous exceeds 2.75 million copies sold
- Bethesda hiring spree probably isn't for Elder Scrolls 6
- Galaxy Note 4 batteries recalled due to fire risk
- Xbox One X pre-orders to go live this Sunday
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes