Records are made to be broken, so shatter them with the new and unbelievably fast Club 3D Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition. In March, Club 3D introduced the Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, With a reference engine clock of 1GHz, this represented an engineering milestone for the graphics card industry. With the new Radeon HD 7970 GHz, we are continuing to deliver on this high-performance pedigree.
How is the GHz Edition variant of the Radeon HD 7970 different? The Club 3D HD 7970 GHz Edition embodies the maturity of the 28nm process, and the scalability of the Graphics Core Next architecture. Due to both of these factors, the GHz variant raises the GPU core clockspeed from 925MHz to 1000MHz+. This card also features an extension to AMD Powertune technology called "Boost", which allows the GPU to dynamically adjust both voltage and clockspeed above the reference clock of 1GHz+.
BUILT FOR ULTRA SETTINGS
We like to say that Graphics Core Next was built for ultra settings. But it's not just hardware, as AMD has been working closely with game developer's to optimize their engine for GCN.
COMPUTE FOCUSED ARCHITECTURE
The GCN architecture is optimzed for ground-breaking performance in games and compute. It is up to 2.60X performance vs. competitor's fastest single GPU in compute workloads.
WORLD FIRST 1TFLOPS DPFP GPU
This Club 3D Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition is the World's First 1 TFLOP DPFP GPU
UNPRECEDENTED GAMING PERFORMANCE
First and foremost, we like to call this the world's fastest and most versatile GPU. Even with ultra settings and a resolution of 2560×1600, the HD 7970 GHz Edition is the fastest single-GPU graphics card in today's most demanding titles. For example, Batman: Arkham City, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Battlefield 3 all run better on AMD Radeon.
The performance advantages are even more substantial when you switch to titles that have been optimized for Graphics Core Next, like DiRT Showdown (up to 59%), Sniper Elite V2 (up to 40%) and Nexuiz (up to 37%). Like the graphic above, all of this data was also recorded at 2560×1600 in each game's highest possible detail settings.
Unprecedented Application Performance
But Graphics Core Next isn't just for stellar gaming performance. As open compute languages like OpenCLOther applications used by millions of people every day, like WinZip®, can now leverage the tremendous compute power of Graphics Core Next, too. Compared to both processors and competing graphics cards, AMD Radeon products can free system resources and get you back to work more quickly. and C++ AMP take flight, the GCN Architecture is helping AMD to build products-like the Club 3D HD 7970 GHz Edition-that provide substantial performance to the applications you use when you're done gaming.
Take Handbrake, for example. Handbrake is a world renowned, open source video transcoding utility for Mac OS, Windows and Linux. Millions of people use this application every day to prepare videos on their PC for use on the road with smartphones or tablets. Over the past year, AMD has worked closely with the development team to introduce OpenCL acceleration into the transcoding pipeline, and the performance is exceptional.
Efficiency was a corollary goal. By transitioning to the industry's first 28nm process, we could design an architecture that not only packed more compute units into a given space, but more complicated and capable compute units. Any of our GPUs can offer more performance than analogous products from previous or competing architectures and, today, the Club 3D Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition sets the world record for consumer GPUs by offering 4.04 TFLOPS of performance to make quick work of applications like Adobe Photoshop CS6.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4