DISPLAYLINK USB GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY FEATURED IN NEW 22-INCH SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER MONITOR
PALO ALTO, Calif., January 6, 2008 - Extending a successful two-year relationship, DisplayLink today announced its award-winning USB graphics technology is featured, for the third time, in a new high-performance USB connected Samsung monitor. Now shipping in Europe and the United States, the new 22-inch Samsung SyncMaster 2243QW monitor is part of the Samsung UbiSync line of displays.
The new monitors make it possible for busy office workers and business professionals to use a simple USB cable to extend their desktop and visual workspace, boosting usability and flexibility. Up to six displays can be easily connected and powered off of one PC. There's no need for additional graphics cards or complex software installation - benefits especially valuable for laptop users who want to combine portability with the practicality of a larger, richer screen surface.
"No other PC accessory brings people as much productivity and power as an additional display, so why make it complicated to connect one?" said Dennis Crespo, executive vice president of marketing and business development for DisplayLink. "Samsung's ongoing innovation continues to deliver outstanding multi-monitor computing experiences to users worldwide. It's particularly gratifying that Samsung once again chose DisplayLink USB graphics technology for its newest USB monitor."
The Samsung 2243QW has a 1680 x 1050 resolution, a 1000:1 contrast ratio, and 5-millisecond response time to ensure smooth video performance on all of the networked displays. In addition to a built-in USB hub, it features the traditional VGA (15-pin D-sub) and DVI-D connections. The monitor is compatible with both Mac and Windows systems, and it comes with a pivot function that allows it to operate in either portrait or landscape mode.
"Whether you use the extra display to extend your laptop or netbook screen or to add visual workspace to your existing desktop, the Samsung 2243QW is a smart choice," said R.A. Atanus, VP of Product Marketing for Samsung Electronics America. "With UbiSynch technology we aim to provide displays that can be used in a variety of ways and DisplayLink USB graphics brings our products the ultimate in versatility."
The Samsung SyncMaster 2243QW is priced at $399.99 USD. The monitor is available through Samsung resellers and distribution channels, which can be located by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG or at http://www.samsung.com.
To see this and other display innovations, visit DisplayLink in the USB TechZone at the CES tradeshow in Booth 30368 - South Hall 3, January 8 - 11, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
About Samsung Electronics
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., markets a broad range of award-winning digital consumer electronics home appliance products including HDTVs, home theater systems, MP3 players, digital imaging products, refrigerators and washing machines. A recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology, Samsung is the HDTV market leader in the U.S. Please visit http://www.samsung.com for more information.
DisplayLink Corp. is a network display chip and software company that helps people create simple connections between computers and displays - via USB, making the benefits of expanded visual workspace available to everyone. Using universally accepted wired or wireless networking protocols and proprietary software compression techniques, graphically rich content can be transmitted easily between a single device and multiple displays over a network. Leading global manufacturers have integrated network display technology into an array of consumer electronics including USB-enabled monitors, video docking stations, display adapters and projectors.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20