A Ruggedized Computing Solution for Mobile Professionals
ASUS B51E combines computing prowess with tough build to serve in the rough fields
Taipei, Taiwan, July 2, 2008 - Professionals who frequently find themselves on the road or in the field need a computer that can withstand the rigors of travel as well as operate reliably despite harsh environmental conditions. It is for this group of demanding users that ASUS has created the B51 notebook, which possesses ruggedized design and is built for excellent performance and reliability.
Ruggedized Notebook for Tough Environments
The B51 is built to endure harsh treatment. Starting with a lightweight yet strong magnesium alloy chassis that offers excellent protection for its components, the B51 is additionally buffered against shock by rubber bumpers along its edges, and high strength protective film to shield the notebook from scratches.
Built to Withstand Drops, Shocks, Spills and Scratches
The sum effect of the B51's ruggedized design is an exceptionally hardy notebook able to withstand most abuses that will damage conventional notebooks. The B51 is drop tested to military specifications (MIL 810F Method 516.5 Procedure IV), able to withstand drops from tabletop height - up to 75 cm.
Preserving the integrity of the data within, the B51's hard drive is floated on a sponge protection system, while the keyboard as a drainage path integrated into its design, so that the B51 is able to weather the occasional shocks and spills (up to 120cc) and continue to function reliably. Even while the insides are protected against rough use, the LCD screen of the B51 is also well protected from scratches by a high strength film, for a truly hard wearing notebook, inside and out.
By addressing the various areas of durability and usability, ASUS has created in the B51 an ideal mobile computing solution for professionals who routinely operate in tough, demanding environments.
Intel® Centrino Procesor Technology
-Intel® Core2 Duo Processor T8300/T8100/T5850/T5750
-Mobile Intel® GM965 Chipset, Intel Int. GMA X3100 Gfx
-Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/4965ABGN Network Connection
Genuine Windows® Vista Business
RAM DDR2 667MHz, up to 4GB (2 slots)
SATA HDD up to 320GB & ODD S-Multi
Built-in webcam 1.3M pixel (Optional); Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR (Optional)
36.5cm (W) x 27.3cm (D) x 3.82 cm (H), 3.1KG (with 8 cell battery)
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than eight thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100", and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes