Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the Neutron Series solid-state drives (SSDs), the industry's first consumer SSDs to feature the LM87800 6Gb/s SSD controller from Link_A_Media Devices (LAMD), a leader in the development of semiconductor SoC (system on chip) solutions for the enterprise and mobile storage market. Also available in an extreme performance Neutron GTX model, the new SSDs bring professional-grade performance and reliability to PC enthusiasts, content creators, and IT professionals.
Available in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB, Neutron Series GTX SSDs are designed with toggle NAND flash memory to deliver up to a super-high 90,000 random read and write IOPs (input/output operations per second), which speeds up data-intensive tasks like video and image editing. These drives also provide superior sequential speeds of up to 555 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write, for lightning fast file access. The standard Neutron Series models, available in 120GB and 240GB capacities, provide up to 90,000 random read IOPs and 85,000 random write IOPs with sequential speeds of up to 555 MB/s read and 370 MB/s write. i
All Neutron Series models incorporate LAMD's powerful on-the-fly error correction and advanced NAND management technologies which improve the endurance of onboard flash memory, giving the SSD's enhanced reliability and durability. The Neutron Series GTX drives also include adaptive DSP technology which maintains superior performance throughout the lifetime of the SSD. Neutron Series and Neutron Series GTX models are backed with a 5 year warranty.
Neutron Series SSDs provide impressive read and write speeds with both compressed and non-compressible data regardless of file type. This is a significant advantage compared to other SSDs on the market which offer quick load times with compressible files, but get bogged down significantly when reading compressed data such as video files.
"The Neutron Series SSDs, a strategic collaboration between Corsair and LAMD, reflects the shared commitment to performance, quality, and reliability ingrained in our companies," said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "Together we've raised the standard for SSDs, and we have more exciting products on the way."
"LAMD has built our reputation engineering high-performance, high-reliability SSD controllers for mission-critical enterprise storage solutions," said Dr. Hemant Thapar, CEO of LAMD. "Now, with Corsair's commitment to delivering innovative, high-performance SSD solutions, we are pleased to bring our advancements in SSD technology to all PC users."
The new SSDs bring broad compatibility for desktop and notebook PCs thanks to their standard 2.5" form factor and slender 7mm height. The thin design fits most standard notebooks as well as the latest generation of slim notebook designs. The drives also come with a 3.5" adapter to allow easy mounting in desktop PC drive bays. Neutron Series also support the latest high-speed SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s standards as well as the TRIM command to provide the fastest possible speeds.
Pricing and Availability
Neutron Series SSDs are expected to be available in July. Pricing will be announced upon product release.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio