Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the Neutron Series solid-state drives (SSDs), the industry's first consumer SSDs to feature the LM87800 6Gb/s SSD controller from Link_A_Media Devices (LAMD), a leader in the development of semiconductor SoC (system on chip) solutions for the enterprise and mobile storage market. Also available in an extreme performance Neutron GTX model, the new SSDs bring professional-grade performance and reliability to PC enthusiasts, content creators, and IT professionals.
Available in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB, Neutron Series GTX SSDs are designed with toggle NAND flash memory to deliver up to a super-high 90,000 random read and write IOPs (input/output operations per second), which speeds up data-intensive tasks like video and image editing. These drives also provide superior sequential speeds of up to 555 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write, for lightning fast file access. The standard Neutron Series models, available in 120GB and 240GB capacities, provide up to 90,000 random read IOPs and 85,000 random write IOPs with sequential speeds of up to 555 MB/s read and 370 MB/s write. i
All Neutron Series models incorporate LAMD's powerful on-the-fly error correction and advanced NAND management technologies which improve the endurance of onboard flash memory, giving the SSD's enhanced reliability and durability. The Neutron Series GTX drives also include adaptive DSP technology which maintains superior performance throughout the lifetime of the SSD. Neutron Series and Neutron Series GTX models are backed with a 5 year warranty.
Neutron Series SSDs provide impressive read and write speeds with both compressed and non-compressible data regardless of file type. This is a significant advantage compared to other SSDs on the market which offer quick load times with compressible files, but get bogged down significantly when reading compressed data such as video files.
"The Neutron Series SSDs, a strategic collaboration between Corsair and LAMD, reflects the shared commitment to performance, quality, and reliability ingrained in our companies," said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "Together we've raised the standard for SSDs, and we have more exciting products on the way."
"LAMD has built our reputation engineering high-performance, high-reliability SSD controllers for mission-critical enterprise storage solutions," said Dr. Hemant Thapar, CEO of LAMD. "Now, with Corsair's commitment to delivering innovative, high-performance SSD solutions, we are pleased to bring our advancements in SSD technology to all PC users."
The new SSDs bring broad compatibility for desktop and notebook PCs thanks to their standard 2.5" form factor and slender 7mm height. The thin design fits most standard notebooks as well as the latest generation of slim notebook designs. The drives also come with a 3.5" adapter to allow easy mounting in desktop PC drive bays. Neutron Series also support the latest high-speed SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s standards as well as the TRIM command to provide the fastest possible speeds.
Pricing and Availability
Neutron Series SSDs are expected to be available in July. Pricing will be announced upon product release.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset