Rambus Inc. (Nasdaq:RMBS), one of the world's premier technology licensing companies, today announced it has awarded its annual "Innovator of the Future" scholarship to Shubha Raghvendra of St. Francis High School and Jamshed Vesuna of Los Altos High School.
Each student has been awarded $10,000 for tuition and books at a college or university. The scholarship money will be distributed in equal increments over four years at the beginning of each academic year. In addition to the scholarship awards, a one-time award of $1,000 will go to each of the four finalists in this year's scholarship program.
"At Rambus, we continue our commitment to helping future innovators broaden their educational opportunities beyond the classroom," said Harold Hughes, president and chief executive officer at Rambus. "Both Jamshed and Shubha have demonstrated the enthusiasm and passion necessary to explore careers in the area of science and technology."
Established in 2005, the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship program recognizes students based on academic excellence, passion for technology, leadership in school, civic and extracurricular activities, and motivation to serve and succeed.
Eligibility for the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship award extends to individuals attending a select group of high schools located near the Rambus Sunnyvale headquarters, and graduating before fall 2012 with plans to attend a four-year college or university program of study beginning in fall 2012. Applications for the 2013 Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarships will be available during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Latest News Posts
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- Microsoft will use Windows 10 to sabotage Steam, says Epic Games boss
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio