Rambus Inc. (Nasdaq:RMBS), one of the world's premier technology licensing companies, today announced it has awarded its annual "Innovator of the Future" scholarship to Shubha Raghvendra of St. Francis High School and Jamshed Vesuna of Los Altos High School.
Each student has been awarded $10,000 for tuition and books at a college or university. The scholarship money will be distributed in equal increments over four years at the beginning of each academic year. In addition to the scholarship awards, a one-time award of $1,000 will go to each of the four finalists in this year's scholarship program.
"At Rambus, we continue our commitment to helping future innovators broaden their educational opportunities beyond the classroom," said Harold Hughes, president and chief executive officer at Rambus. "Both Jamshed and Shubha have demonstrated the enthusiasm and passion necessary to explore careers in the area of science and technology."
Established in 2005, the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship program recognizes students based on academic excellence, passion for technology, leadership in school, civic and extracurricular activities, and motivation to serve and succeed.
Eligibility for the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship award extends to individuals attending a select group of high schools located near the Rambus Sunnyvale headquarters, and graduating before fall 2012 with plans to attend a four-year college or university program of study beginning in fall 2012. Applications for the 2013 Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarships will be available during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup