Rambus Inc. (Nasdaq:RMBS), one of the world's premier technology licensing companies, today announced it has awarded its annual "Innovator of the Future" scholarship to Shubha Raghvendra of St. Francis High School and Jamshed Vesuna of Los Altos High School.
Each student has been awarded $10,000 for tuition and books at a college or university. The scholarship money will be distributed in equal increments over four years at the beginning of each academic year. In addition to the scholarship awards, a one-time award of $1,000 will go to each of the four finalists in this year's scholarship program.
"At Rambus, we continue our commitment to helping future innovators broaden their educational opportunities beyond the classroom," said Harold Hughes, president and chief executive officer at Rambus. "Both Jamshed and Shubha have demonstrated the enthusiasm and passion necessary to explore careers in the area of science and technology."
Established in 2005, the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship program recognizes students based on academic excellence, passion for technology, leadership in school, civic and extracurricular activities, and motivation to serve and succeed.
Eligibility for the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship award extends to individuals attending a select group of high schools located near the Rambus Sunnyvale headquarters, and graduating before fall 2012 with plans to attend a four-year college or university program of study beginning in fall 2012. Applications for the 2013 Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarships will be available during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Latest News Posts
- Intel will talk about its 10nm production later this year
- Codemasters delays F1 2015, new release date of July 10
- Big developers have joined AMD and PC Gamer's PC Gaming Show at E3
- Palmer Luckey being sued by his previous employee over the Oculus Rift
- Johan Andersson, Frostbite engineer, teases AMD Radeon R9 390X
- Asus F550JK freeze
- TITAN X Artifacts issue
- Just wanted to say Hello.
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 ROG Matrix Platinum Video Card Review
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling