Imation Apollo(TM) External Hard Drives Now Available
Apollo Expert UX delivers sleek design and leading-edge capacity of 500GB in portable hard drive; Apollo Pro UX to offer 1.5TB for digitally-driven users
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 6, 2009--Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN) today announced the availability of two new products in its Apollo(TM) family of external hard drives (EHD). For laptop users, the 2.5-inch Apollo Expert UX is a pocket-sized, portable hard drive sheathed in a protective skin with up to 500GB of capacity, and for desktop users, the Apollo Pro UX is a 3.5-inch hard drive that will offer up to 1.5 TB of capacity. Each stylish drive features an integrated patent-pending stand and unique benefits for backup and storage of data, video, music and photos.
"We designed the Apollo external hard drives to be functional and sleek, with distinctive features and benefits for both discerning mobile and desktop users," said Subodh Kulkarni, vice president, Global Commercial Business, Imation. "These drives push the envelope with capacities that are among the highest available while still embodying great design. Our Apollo Expert UX drive delivers iconic portability with the pure data storage performance that on-the-go users need, while the Apollo Pro UX drive is a perfect match for heavy data users, as well as digital pack rats and video junkies."
The Imation Apollo Expert UX, named a finalist in the 2009 Storage Visions Conference "Art of Storage" awards category, provides portability and a leading-edge 2.5-inch form factor that looks just as striking vertically or horizontally on its integrated swivel stand. The unique design features a protective skin to prevent scratches and abrasions with 250GB, 320GB and 500GB of capacity. The durable Apollo Pro UX provides techno-savvy desktop users with a new-generation 3.5-inch form factor for high-performance with up to 1.5TB of capacity.
Both drives include patent-pending integrated stands for vertical or horizontal orientation to ensure that Apollo drives complement how each user works. Other features include low capacity/data activity indicator lights for easy identification of data processes; built-in sleep mode for energy conservation; and one-touch, backup sync buttons with backup software for simple, automatic backup of data, photos, music and videos. Both the Apollo Expert UX and Apollo Pro UX are compatible with PC or Mac computers.
The Apollo Expert UX and Apollo Pro UX will be on display in Booth 16 at the Storage Visions Conference today and tomorrow, and at the Pepcom(R) Digital Experience event from 7 to 10 p.m. on January 7 at The Mirage.
Pricing and Availability
The Imation Apollo Expert UX and Apollo Pro UX are available this month in the U.S. starting at a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $109.99 and $119.99 respectively, depending on capacity. The Apollo Pro UX 1.5TB product will be available in Q1 2009. Apollo drives are offered through authorized Imation distributors, wholesalers, resellers and e-tailers worldwide. For additional information on Imation's complete family of Apollo products, visit http://www.imation.com/apollo.
About Imation Corp.
Imation is a leading global developer and marketer of branded products that enable people to capture, save and enjoy digital information. Our world-class portfolio of digital storage products, audio and video electronics and accessories reaches customers through a powerful global distribution network. Our goal is a company with strong commercial and consumer businesses and continued long-term growth and profitability that creates shareholder value. Imation Corp.'s global brand portfolio, in addition to the Imation brand, includes the Memorex brand, one of the most widely recognized names in the consumer electronics industry, famous for the slogan, "Is it live or is it Memorex?" and the XtremeMac brand. Imation is also the exclusive licensee of the TDK Life on Record brand, one of the world's leading recording media brands. Additional information about Imation is available at http://www.imation.com.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung has 3.5-inch 120Hz OLED: next-gen VR panels
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning